Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I also think we will look up upgrade Mings at some point. He's a great stopper, but the next step would be someone comfortable on the ball, the ability to bring it out with confidence and with a better passing range.

Yep, I would like to see us sell Mings next summer and upgrade him, he will be going down in value rapidly after next summer and if we have to extend his contract he could be very expensive

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

You guys are seriously underrating how good JWP is...  Sick of hearing that he's an average midfielder who is just good at free kicks...  He's not Hourihane.

I'm sure he's a great player...but just think of the bad ass ninja could we pick up from Europe with 50 million quid atm!

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

You guys are seriously underrating how good JWP is...  Sick of hearing that he's an average midfielder who is just good at free kicks...  He's not Hourihane.

Agreed, there's a reason he gets in the England squad ahead of Connor, as much as i love him.

• Haha 2

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Maybe I am missing something with him but aside from set pieces I don't recall seeing anything from JWP that I don't think McGinn, Luiz or hopefully Sanson can offer

Yeah, no offense, but you're missing a lot...  I've watched a lot of him over the years because he's one of my favorite non-Villa players.  He's better than McGinn, and I love the little Scot.  He's also a well respected leader and would only help solidify our dressing room.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed, there's a reason he gets in the England squad ahead of Connor, as much as i love him.

confused-kid.gif

:) 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

bah somebody beat meat to it

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It's all been said of course, but I'm at my lowest ebb with Villa since *that* disgraceful season. We were on the very cusp of excellence with absolutely everything in place including the manager and captain as Villa fans! What glory it could have been. Now? JWP, Todd Cantwell, some midfielder they've barely heard of in the league he plies his trade.... who cares anymore.

This a joke ? Surely?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate even if I knew nothing about football, I can't believe you lot would think, I don't know our players nationalities ...🤣

I'll get my coat, as the attempt was obviously a total flop haha.

Gutted.

it's not the winning that matters, it's the taking part that counts. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate even if I knew nothing about football, I can't believe you lot would think, I don't know our players nationalities ...🤣

I'll get my coat, as the attempt was obviously a total flop haha.

Gutted.

Hey, it's alright...  I was daydrinking while VillaTalking and thought Nathan Ake was English 2 years ago and got the same treatment.   🤣

• Haha 1