Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I really don't see the point in selling El Ghazy right now, definitely not unless there's a surprise replacement ready to be announced like the Ings deal. Trezeguet is sidelined, Buendia missed the last 2 friendlies, Bailey is in isolation and hasn't even trained with the team and our starting left sided player has just swanned off to City. If you sell El Ghazy now who is there as a viable wide option? As much as people might not like it, he's needed right now.

Also I know Philogene-Bidace has had a very good pre season and he's the one people would probably suggest ahead of El Ghazy, but it's very different performing in the Premier League to friendlies. What happens if he's chucked in with no alternatives if he isn't playing well? You negatively affect the team and his confidence. 

I know I'm in the minority on this thread, but £17m or not, I don't see the benefit to selling Anwar, especially not imminently.

If a bid comes in for him anywhere near 17m, we will sell, and rightly so. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If a bid comes in for him anywhere near 17m, we will sell, and rightly so. 

Not necessarily, it depends what value we could get regarding our finances and the team versus what we'd lose. People can argue El Ghazy's general play and impact all day long, but the fact is he got us 10 Premier League goals last season. The management would have to weigh up if they can replace him and that with better, and depending on how the remaining budget was split, could we concievably replace that with better for £17 million. That's for the scouts and coaches to decide, but in this market I think you'd struggle.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Too good to be true I think. I actually don't mind AEG, but I don't think he's worth that type of money. 

Perfect Mourinho signing. 

He tracks back, works hard, covers his full back, completely anonymous some games yet somehow still scores goals.

Expect it to be 17million including some ambitious addons. Probably be more like 14. 

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Can't really see Roma affording El Ghazi now that they are spending £34m on Tammy but. Not sure how much they get from selling Dzeko to Inter but not that much I imagine.

Dzeko to Inter not sure, nothing trustworthy about the fee yet, just gossip stuff about Dzeko saying he'll talk abotu the move once it's done and sort of implying he's been pushed out rather than the probable truth that he's jumped at the chance of playing up there. All I've seen is he'll get €5.5m over two years up there and that there is probably a small fee for the transfer with bonuses based on how well they do in the Champions League.

Tammy I've seen something saying €5m up front and then €35m over the next few years. Freidkin and the new board have been saying it'll be a quiet summer all along and that they have no cash but with Abraham and Shomurodov as the striking options it's probable that Mourinho might want a winger who can actually cross 😉 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Lequipe saying Tolisso is available for €10m from Bayern, with Juve, Arsenal, Man U and West Ham interested and him preferring a move to the Prem. If he's got a chance of signing for West Ham we should be alllllll over that.

Mate you are a few pages behind on this one.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Quite true but Ings could potentially get us 20 league goals this season and if Watkins with his work gate can get another 15, then as long as we get our defensive side of our game right the potential of finishing top 6 is good.  

It's not likely they'll BOTH get those numbers, playing at the same time. It's not really how it works, is it?

...and to address the 'both players need to start' comments, I'm just of the belief you can't be shoe-horning players into a starting XI just because they're new. If we play 4-4-2, then fine, but if we play the same system as last year, rotation would be better IMO. On the other hand, it would allow us to take one off mid-game to change up the formation, which I do see the positives of too.

33 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I wouldn’t sell without a replacement m coming in first this late in the window, far too risky. Replacement first in is a must otherwise I fear it will backfire. 

We have Buendia, Bailey and Ashley Young who can all play that position, and all play it better than Anwar in my opinion

• Like 2