Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

21 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Bottom three still to win a game, Fulham and Brighton only a solitary win apiece. 

Think Leeds could be in trouble if they continue to concede goals.

Be nice if we could inflict a heavy defeat on Brighton in our next game.

I think Leeds will be in trouble. They are starting to get hammered every week now. Just a shame we put in such a poor team performance against them. They are very much a championship side but they might get saved by the poor quality of the bottom 4

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Dyce will get Burnley out of trouble but West Brom looked doomed. Shef Utd could go and I still don't particularly rate Brighton. Sorry Graham as he is Villa fan.

I thought WBA looked quite good versus Spurs

The good news (and there's a lot) is that apart from Man Utd and Arsenal , the bottom half is full of the teams you'd expect to see there, so it's unlikely they'll go on a winning run.

A lot of people would have had us (and Palace) down there, so we're genuinely over performing, rather than everyone else being shit - which is really how we stayed up last season.

We still need to be wary - but every week the gap seems to grow and means that a 'bad month' won't drop us in the shit. Results over the next 7 games should ensure we top 30 points, and from there, we're surely safe with so many games left and the team can relax and start chasing improbable dreams.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Dyce will get Burnley out of trouble but West Brom looked doomed. Shef Utd could go and I still don't particularly rate Brighton. Sorry Graham as he is Villa fan.

That's good to know that Potter is a Villa fan . It means that we have a backup option once Deano has won all there is to win with us and retires to the sun.

• Like 2

I hope the likes of Brighton, Leeds, Newcastle and West Ham get drawn into the relegation battle, make it a bit more interesting than it just being a four way battle between Albion, Fulham, Burnley and Sheffield United. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Is he? Might be less harsh on Potter then if that's the case! Thought he was SHA for some reason as he came through their youth set up, also played for West Brom.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is he? Might be less harsh on Potter then if that's the case! Thought he was SHA for some reason as he came through their youth set up, also played for West Brom.

looked it up and the article I read said he was both; followed us growing up and got a SHA affinity during playing for them......

I like the confidence of everyone casting 3 other teams not named Villa back the to championship. Maybe its because we seemed dead certain for relegation for large parts of last year but it's all a bit to real still.  I will avoid the schadenfreude for now and just be happy that we aren't in the convo. 

• Like 1