Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

On 31/10/2020 at 18:11, Tommo_b said:

Generous for a reason.

Slid to 4/1 on Bet365 and 10/3 on Betfair (admittedly still 6/1 on PP).

That's a big, big drop from 7/1. We'll know a lot more next week.

3 hours ago, smg said:

People stressing about relegation after 6 matches when we have won 4, why ?

May 2010 to the present day!

We've been masters of f***ing up spectacularly from decent positions in matches or tables for last decade so that's why.

I'm not hugely worried though. Would have to be some slump this time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smg said:

Smith can be very streaky. I honestly just wish we could draw a few games from time to time, just to steady the ship and keep the points tallying up. 

• Like 3

Last season after seven games we had 5 points meaning that over the last thirty-one games we picked up 30 points, if we were to match that form over the remaining thirty-one games of this season we would finish on 42 points, if were to add just a few more wins and a couple of draws we'd finish on 50 points, which perhaps should be the aim.

To get relegated now, we'd basically have to be as bad as were last season but without the upturn in form that we showed in our final four games, doesn't seem likely but a loss at the weekend and a other results go aganist us and we could be just six points from safety, so have to keep going and not get complacen.

Bournemouth took 23 points from their last thirty-one games, if we matched that we'd finish on 35 points again.

Edited by useless

18 hours ago, smg said:

TBF i don't think anyone is genuinely stressing...just cause the thread is still open and we're discussing relegation doesn't mean that people are overly concerned. i don't think that's what's happening. as others have said, we literally need to be worse than last season to be in any danger of going down. i do think it's good though to keep us on our toes...we're never safe until we get that 40 points and i think we'll all be relieved when that happens

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Didn't we have 3 wins and a draw in our opening fixtures in one of Lamberts seasons?

Think we went on to lose the next 8-9 games or something after that.

lost the next 6...and 5 of those were arsenal, chelsea, city, everton and spurs to be fair.

this villa team is miles better than that one...we're going to be fine

On 05/11/2020 at 12:40, Icarium said:

Have you seen the last 15 years of villa football?

Have seen the last 55 years of Villa football starting in the mid sixties when we were really struggling and managing home crowds of between 12 and 14 thousand sadly for some on here 4 wins out of 6 is still not acceptable and can be used a a potential relegation threat. It might happen (I don’t think it will) but why raise it after 6 games. It’s almost like some ‘fans’ want us to be in a relegation scrap because that gives more opportunities to moan and slag the manager/ players off rather than be supportive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smg said:

Have seen the last 55 years of Villa football starting in the mid sixties when we were really struggling and managing home crowds of between 12 and 14 thousand sadly for some on here 4 wins out of 6 is still not acceptable and can be used a a potential relegation threat. It might happen (I don’t think it will) but why raise it after 6 games. It’s almost like some ‘fans’ want us to be in a relegation scrap because that gives more opportunities to moan and slag the manager/ players off rather than be supportive.

Yes people should listen to those with experience. If you have been watching the club since 1965 you have seen many up and downs. We're better than last season. We have made a good start. We are not going down. 

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

lost the next 6...and 5 of those were arsenal, chelsea, city, everton and spurs to be fair.

this villa team is miles better than that one...we're going to be fine

I agree the team is better but it would not surprise me if we lost 6 in a row.

This team is so inconsistent. How you can go from beating Liverpool 7-2 to being 4-0 down to Southampton is just crazy.

39 minutes ago, useless said:

If I'd have seen a shooting star a draw in the Brighton v Burnley game would have been my wish, a good result for us.

it was probably the most predictable result of the weekend