Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

Now.....(touches wood), im fairly confident we won't he in a relegation scrap this season.

Who do you think will be relegated?, or who are the contenders?

I think the contenders are:

Fulham, WBA (almost guaranteed)

The challengers for the final spot:

Not sure?, Burnley?, Brighton?

Can't see WHam, Southampton, Palace or others being relegated?

Think Leeds will probably be pretty safe.

Edited by MaVilla

3 of the current bottom 4 are going down. burnley are a concern. what impact rhian brewster has on sheff utd remains to be seen but i thought they might get found out this season anyway and i dont rate their side

paddy power have already paid out on fulham to go down, that says it all about their chances

dont know why, but i think baggies might actually be the ones to drag themselves out of it personally

Fulham definitely. 

WBA I wouldn't write off as quickly but they are down there. 

Fulham, West Brom, Sheff United, Newcastle, Burnley, Palace, Leeds, Brighton, Southampton, West Ham will be the bottom 10 I think. We might flirty around 11th and 12th ourselves. West Ham will be closest to the top half I think, Leeds might have a successful first season up, and be clear quite easily, like Sheffield United last season, but equally you can't rule any promoted side out of going back down again. Newcastle is partly wishful thinking, but also Bruce's sides ALWAYS deteriorate after the first season. They peaked with mid table obscurity last season, they might just about repeat that but they can't be ruled out. 

I know Wilder can be a bit bitter but I like and respect what he's done with Sheff United so I hope they stay up. 

On wishful thinking: Newcastle, West Ham and Burnley to go down would be nice

Fulham are definitely toast, don't think I've ever been more sure of a side's fate. West Brom, will find it tough, but I still think there are 2 open spots. Brighton really should pull away but they always get unlucky results despite playing well, Potter needs to get some pragmatism in there soon enough if results don't pick up. They really should be fine. Palace will bore everyone into a 14th place finish really. Southampton - I have no idea, can't read them. Burnley, tensions between manager and board might lead to them having a struggle, but I guess you'd think they'll probably still stay up. 

Hard call at this point I'll pick Newcastle. 

I think its possible that the lowest points target could be beaten this year by Fulham or the baggies!

The lack of fans home supporters will show up their weak first teams even more starkly. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Now.....(touches wood), im fairly confident we won't he in a relegation scrap this season.

Who do you think will be relegated?, or who are the contenders?

I think the contenders are:

Fulham, WBA (almost guaranteed)

The challengers for the final spot:

Not sure?, Burnley?, Brighton?

Can't see WHam, Southampton, Palace or others being relegated?

Think Leeds will probably be pretty safe.

Shouldn't this be in Other Football?!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Looks like we are likely to stay up but I still think our priority is to get to 40 points as quickly as possible, anything beyond that is a bonus.

Will make make up a little for a potential covid Christmas having that to celebrate 

Leeds will do their traditional Bielsa (world's greatest manager, you know) thing of a storming, gung-ho, first half season, followed by creeping burn out. All depends how many points they can amass before the slide starts. 

I really hope Newcastle go down. I have no real beef with WBA, so wouldn't mind them surviving. 

• Like 2