Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I rate wilder despite their recent problems. They havent really strengthened like we have so we cant really compare us to them.

I hope they stay up mind you i like them as a club and they are pretty big club. Much prefer them to leeds

That 23 million pound striker and 20 million pound midfielder they sig ed must have been a dream

Looking good for us at the moment, have to keep going and get to forty points as soon as possible.

Still think that Sheffield United and Burnley will improve sooner or later and start getting a few wins, which could mean Brighton, Leeds and maybe even West Ham and Newcastle getting dragged closer to the bottom three than they are now, both Leeds and Brighton have some tough fixtures coming up.

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Already a 7 point gap from the bottom 3 and Leeds in 15th. Have to think at least 2 if not 3 of the bottom 5 will be going down 

There's 90 points to play for. This league is so unpredictable and with so many games left, there's no chance I'll he betting on anyone to go down at this stage.

Obviously relegation is something that no-one is (rightfully) considering this season now but I'm not convinced 3 of the current bottom 4 will even get 20 points so we're essentially already safe.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

stat time!

We have 15 points after 7 games.

Last season, we didnt get 15 points until after game week 14 (2:2 draw with Manure (A)).

Also, we now have 39.5% (15) of last years points tally (35), after 18.5% of the season.

Goal wise, we have scored 18 goals in 7 games, which is 44% of our total goals last season (41), after 18.5% of the season.

Concedes goals, currently 9 conceded, we had conceded 11 goals at his stage last season, the big difference is we have scored 18 goals in that timeframe this season, while we only scored 8 goals in the same timeframe last season.

We've also been solid most of our games, 4 clean sheets aren't something easy. Especially when you're playing Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal. Last season we played Spurs and Arsenal at this stage. I think we had Bournemouth, Everton, Palace, West Ham and can't remember who else. We've won one, drew one and lost the others.

I think delaying the City game was a big blessing for us this season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, One For The Road said:

There's 90 points to play for. This league is so unpredictable and with so many games left, there's no chance I'll he betting on anyone to go down at this stage.

Precisely, this time last season werent Southampton were in the bottom 3 having lost 9-0 at home? Freak results will happen and teams will find form. Far too much time left to play. 

Although, what with lockdown it might be an idea to stop the count and cancel the league after we win our game in hand. 

8 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Agree still too early to make a call.. quicker we get to 40 the better. 

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

I can't help it but I'm still just looking at the points between us and the bottom 3 and happy it's increased again this weekend. 

same...not that i think we'll be in real trouble, but looking at last night's bench reminded me how much trouble we'd be in with a couple of injuries, which will inevitably happen

I hope we bring in a big, strong, tall defensive midfielder in January. Because I was lead to believe by many in the summer that we'd be relegated this season if we didn't get one.

:rolleyes::D

• Like 1