Ross Barkley

LondonLax

34 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I can’t see us bringing him in permanently. It’s hard to drag someone of his quality away from  the likes of Chelsea if there’s any hope after his loan that he could get some game time there. 

You've already answered the question you didn't necessarily ask already there.

The midfielders Chelsea have signed, have very much been signed to be the future of their midfield. 

Only way that changes is if they are decimated by injuries, or a couple of them turn out to be absolute garbage.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've already answered the question you didn't necessarily ask already there.

The midfielders Chelsea have signed, have very much been signed to be the future of their midfield. 

Only way that changes is if they are decimated by injuries, or a couple of them turn out to be absolute garbage.

Simple, if Chelsea want to keep Barkley at the end of the season then we just loan whichever midfielder is out of favour i.e. most likely Mason Mount.  **** with Southgate's head that would.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Simple, if Chelsea want to keep Barkley at the end of the season then we just loan whichever midfielder is out of favour i.e. most likely Mason Mount.  **** with Southgate's head that would.

I was actually going to suggest, that if Lampard gets sacked (think there's a decent chance he will come the end of the season) that Mount could actually fit in nicely with our squad plus I would think he would be pushed "out of favour" as you say so would be attainable

52 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yep Barkley out Mount in showing Southgate that it's not one or the other with him and Grealish, same as Barkley he'd fit our midfield like a glove 

He's very much a moments player isn't he?

Not complaining when he cracks one in from 25 yards like last week but I was hoping he'd be capable of dominating midfielders in games like this especially given how good he looked v Liverpool.

This is why Chelsea loaned him out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Was he fit because he looked off it today. 

Yeah I did wonder as he said after Leicester he'd nearly missed that and we've only had a few more days training. We have Nakamba and Hourihane so that is one area we can freshen up at least next weekend.

Really poor today.  I was AMAZED he wasn't replaced by Hourihane if for no other reason than to try something different. 

He gave the ball away a number of times with some really lazy passes including the first goal. 

In all honesty he was mostly poor against Leicester which was masked by the goal somewhat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Very poor. Didn't look fit at all. Funny old run on him sometimes.

Says something when he's still a better option around than anyone else though.

He's not fit and in this game we was completely outplayed in midfield. Ramsey would have been a better option but tbh if we had  the game again I would put more in the midfield. 

Edited by tinker

Played an awful pass forward, then watched casually as someone strolled past him.

Very, very poor today, and needed subbing off near start of second half.

Everyone is entitled to a poor game, hopefully will pick it up next week 

Â