Ross Barkley

LondonLax

We knew what we were getting with Barkley, he can be brilliant, world class, but consistency week in week out has always been an issue. But everyone was off tonight, it’s going to happen in the current climate and we need to put it down to an off night, rather than critiquing Individuals.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tinker said:

He's not fit and in this game we was completely outplayed in midfield. Ramsey would have been a better option but tbh if we had  the game again I would put more in the midfield. 

No chance Ramsay would've been thrown into this sort of game. They have flaws but Nakamba-Hourihane started nearly 50 games between them last season so one of those would get the nod instead and I think one will start v Southampton.

Just now, birdman said:

Yes I think our midfield seemed a bit jaded tonight. Not want you want against a rampaging Leeds. Gave the ball away far too much. Too disjointed! 

They need to be on it next weekend as Southampton can also mega press as they showd v us last season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No chance Ramsay would've been thrown into this sort of game. They have flaws but Nakamba-Hourihane started nearly 50 games between them last season so one of those would get the nod instead and I think one will start v Southampton.

I doubt Dean will change that midfield, the only change deano might make is Traore for Trez, but even that is more unlikely than it is likely imo

Like lots of players, when his team is flying, Ross' instincts are often spot on and he can really shine, but you suspect he's not the sharpest tool in the box, so he won't be thinking his way out of trouble when in difficult situations, like the truly elite players do. I still really like him and he's already shown his ability, but he wouldn't be with us if he was the finished article! 

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They need to be on it next weekend as Southampton can also mega press as they showd v us last season.

I think Dean could have got Davis on earlier but all ifs and buts now. As long as the team can bounce back.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Maybe Nakamba, my point on Ramsey is to try and bring him on and get him some game time. We don't have to be winning games to blood players of we're losing them and look lost then why not give him a chance . Bringing Nakamba on isn't going to improve us long term.

Leeds had players that could come of the bench and perform, we need to work on that option. 

Anyway it's not the end of the world , football is a fine line and we could quite easily have been playing against 10 men , good move from Leeds to substitute that wild card. I do wonder if Grealish was injured in the first assault .

Edited by tinker

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

Maybe Nakamba, my point on Ramsey is to try and bring him on and get him some game time. We don't have to be winning games to blood players of we're losing them and look lost then why not give him a chance . Bringing Nakamba on isn't going to improve us long term.

Leeds had players that could come of the bench and perform, we need to work on that option. 

Anyway it's not the end of the world , football is a fine line and we could quite easily have been playing against 10 men , good move from Leeds to substitute that wild card. I do wonder if Grealish was injured in the first assault .

Given we got Barkley in I'd have loaned Ramsey out but guess there's no harm keeping him around given he's started league cup and came on v Fulham (that's the right type of game to ease him into premier league).

Â