Ross Barkley

LondonLax

12 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Maybe we should stop calling McGrath, God if this is where we're at. 

This may not come as a surprise - but yes, I find McGrath being equated with God offensive - in the same way as when I hear someone using His name as a cuss. I'm no catholic, though, and have no love of the Pope.

Now if I was to get upset every time somebody did that, then I'd have gone spare already, so being offended here isn't really the issue. Nor am I trying to single you out - apologies if it comes across that way.

It's an official public statement from the club - they could have shown a little bit of sensitivity, even if the roots of the club are in the protestant church.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

This may not come as a surprise - but yes, I find McGrath being equated with God offensive - in the same way as when I hear someone using His name as a cuss. I'm no catholic, though, and have no love of the Pope.

Now if I was to get upset every time somebody did that, then I'd have gone spare already, so being offended here isn't really the issue. Nor am I trying to single you out - apologies if it comes across that way.

It's an official public statement from the club - they could have shown a little bit of sensitivity, even if the roots of the club are in the protestant church.

Hol up did I miss the part where the catholic faith laid exclusive claim to the word god?

The post was fine, literally zero negative connotations.

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Wait what? You aren’t catholic so you are being offended for others? 

10 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Let yourself go. It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

Yes and always check your cock for blemishes   a few weeks after 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Their fans have a similar level of vitriolic hatred for him that we have for Delph, so I doubt he'd end up back there.

But it doesn't matter, because after this season, when we're crowned champions and he's made 137 goal contributions, he'll force a move away from Chelsea and we'll take him for £4m and a packet of crisps.

Do they really hate him? I didn’t know that. I’d assumed when he went to Chelsea it was relatively amicable. How come they disliked it so much? Did he do a Delph in terms of snaking around? 🐍 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Wait what? You aren’t catholic so you are being offended for others? 

Nah. And I know this is getting off topic. The point was: I'm not catholic so not offended - but I know others would be. And, in an official post, so should our club.

Why would the be offensive, exactly? It's not portraying the pope negatively tbf - from what I've read about him, he'd probably find it amusing, seems like a reasonable guy. 

RE: McGrath, I think the worst thing regarding him is the 'On the piss' part of the chant - he's a recovering alcoholic ffs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Do they really hate him? I didn’t know that. I’d assumed when he went to Chelsea it was relatively amicable. How come they disliked it so much? Did he do a Delph in terms of snaking around? 🐍 

Taken from an Express article from when he moved:

"He was linked with Tottenham and Chelsea, going for talks in London and being close to a £35m move to Stamford Bridge on deadline day.

But it fell through at the last minute with Barkley seemingly not sold on the idea.

However today he has completed the transfer for just £15m - £20m less than was on offer than in the summer.

Everton fans feel, knowing he was going to be injured for six months, Barkley put the transfer off to get himself a better deal and cost the club £20m.

He picked up his wages at Everton and used their facilities to get himself back in shape - and then jumped ship without kicking a ball.

He is likely to have been offered better terms on his package due to the cheaper transfer fee.

Snake, rat, traitor. They have called him everything under the sun this evening."

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

spacer.png

There’s a religious WAR happening in the Ross Barkley thread but WHO’S winning, Chris Kamara?!

It’s all pretty unbelievable, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Everton and Chelsea agreed 40 million for barkley in the summer window but he failed his medical due to an injury. He didn't play until January when he only had 5 months left on his contract and Chelsea bought him for 15 million. 

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

An Everton fan’s take when I asked is: “£40m deal agreed in August then he got injured. He (not Chelsea) cancelled the transfer, got fit, then moved there for £15m in January as he only has six months left on his contract. Got significantly higher wages by saving them £25m on the fee. Mayor of Liverpool wanted an investigation into fraud. Got to be a bit of a scummer to cost your boyhood club £25m.”

Now presumably if it’s all true (which who knows) it would be his agent not him, but that’s the perception of him there. So definitely not amicable on the fans’ side! Which is great for us. 

Â