Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Anyone else reluctant to fall in love with Barkley as he's only here on loan? Feels like a holiday romance.

What a start to his spell here, though, and a massive contrast with the Drinkwater loan. I love how much he visibly enjoys playing in this side - the linkup play with Jack, Super John, and Douglas is just quality.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I like how in barkleys leicester post match he said "I was told villa hadn't won 4 games in a row since 1930, so this is a big success" (or something)

I just thought, "dude......its not 4 games in a row at any time.....we have been bad the last decade but not that bad" :P

6 hours ago, momo said:

So serious!!! I have never heard of these players you mention ;)

Mings was fixed, healed and developed at Villa. Payed for by Villa. Then bought by Villa.

And back to the topic, the same will happen with Barkley. In a bigger scale with larger amounts.

You'd like to think so based on current form. 

But he's a Blue (the Bluescouse version, thankfully) so if he gets a chance to go back there I have a strong suspicion he'll take it.

As it stands though, a midfield of Luiz, McGinn, Barkley and Grealish (sort of) is as good as anything outside the top 5-7 clubs.

Keep them fit and firing and we could be on for a great season. 

4 hours ago, HolteExile said:

You'd like to think so based on current form. 

But he's a Blue (the Bluescouse version, thankfully) so if he gets a chance to go back there I have a strong suspicion he'll take it.

As it stands though, a midfield of Luiz, McGinn, Barkley and Grealish (sort of) is as good as anything outside the top 5-7 clubs.

Keep them fit and firing and we could be on for a great season. 

Their fans have a similar level of vitriolic hatred for him that we have for Delph, so I doubt he'd end up back there.

But it doesn't matter, because after this season, when we're crowned champions and he's made 137 goal contributions, he'll force a move away from Chelsea and we'll take him for £4m and a packet of crisps.

12 hours ago, HolteExile said:

But he's a Blue (the Bluescouse version, thankfully) so if he gets a chance to go back there I have a strong suspicion he'll take it

You or I have a better chance of being welcomed as an Everton player than Ross Barkley after how all that went down.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Anyone else reluctant to fall in love with Barkley as he's only here on loan? Feels like a holiday romance.

What a start to his spell here, though, and a massive contrast with the Drinkwater loan. I love how much he visibly enjoys playing in this side - the linkup play with Jack, Super John, and Douglas is just quality.

Let yourself go. It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

19 hours ago, KentVillan said:

A loan didn't stop our love affair with Mings??

Also the way I am thinking about it is if he does well and it is made permanent, great.

if he does well and it isn't made permanent then hopefully we will be in a position higher up the league to attract a player of similar quality.

Either way its better for us, only possible down side or negative outcome would be he doesn't do well, doesnt join and we finish towards the relegation zone.

I would guess it will be one of the first two (hopefully)

Edited by MaVilla

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Didn’t even realise that was the pope. Apparently this image is quite offensive to catholic’s.  If that’s the case I don’t think the club should be posting things like this. 

Loving the relationship between these two though. 

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t even realise that was the pope. Apparently this image is quite offensive to catholic’s.  If that’s the case I don’t think the club should be posting things like this. 

I did think it might be asking for trouble PR wise for the sake of a joke. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As an ex-Catholic atheist I find it hilarious

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

So.... something is offensive only when you think it is?

Not exactly. 

The image is not anti-Cathlolic, it is pro Villa. It is simply joking that some Villa players are on the next level to us mere mortals.

Damn.

Â