Ross Barkley

LondonLax

7 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

I think we should play Marvellous + Luiz as 2 defensive midfield will better result that McGinn sit in Defensive midfield roles, give Grealish and Barkley, Traore, Watkins freedom to free flow attack.

he is more centre midfield box to box, i think he should shadow running occasion will help result problem is Barkley stay forward to make hard to gap to running, it is prompt to limited McGinn chance to attack box or area to set long shot. 

if Barkley draft to closer Grealish and got distance to running cover centre midfield so McGinn will good windows to chance execute to running to box or space to long shot. But last 2 games it is not signal same way as we did liverpool....

Nakamba and Luiz in the sitting role would be welcome for me.

We need to get back to our post lockdown tactics. Being hard to beat. Seems to me that Dean has reverted back to his old way of playing going toe to toe versus teams and it just isn't working.

Look at Arsenal and see how Arteta has transformed their defence. Yes they don't win every game. They lost late to Leicester, but what the defensive structure gives them is making them competitive in every game. Staying in the games. They are never getting battered like we've seen them doing before his arrival.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I would really love to know as part of his loan if it was stipulated that he plays when fit?

I'd love to have seen Marvelous in the last two games, he deserves a start.

Why would you not start him? He is the most talented player bar Jack who we want to convince his future lies here.

No way we bench him

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Why would you not start him? He is the most talented player bar Jack who we want to convince his future lies here.

No way we bench him

I agree we just need to adapt. Anyway it wasn't Barkleys fault we handed them the first three goals. Luiz and Cash were to blame for two of them. 

On 02/11/2020 at 03:59, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Got ridiculed by a few by saying Barkley was a luxury player.

Whether that is true or not he just isn't consistent enough.

I tend to agree, no doubting he is a good player but can't but think Jack should play in that 10 role and we should have gone for a quality left winger rather than Barkley.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Chelsea might not have but team Barkley might?

Guess we'll see if he ever gets dropped....

I'd would be 100% sure that he would have been confident that we were signing him to play in the first XI and he would also be confident he would get picked ahead of any of our sub central midfielders. It's unlikely he's going to be dropped if he's 100% fit because he's miles better than the alternatives. It won't be anything to do with his contract.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tinker said:

He's doesn't seem to get involved with the defensive part of the game, tackling for one. Douglas and McGinn are then  outnumbered. 

100 times this.

I can forgive this if he's pulling their midfielders around with his creativity. But he's not. And because he's not, he should be hauled off for someone that will do a shift (Nakamba, Hourihane).

Case in point: Southampton's 4th goal. The ball is played long forward and Watkins plays a beautiful ball back to Barkley in space....

... but his touch and awareness were awful, he turns it over immediately and they quickly break for a nicely taken goal. Game over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

100 times this.

I can forgive this if he's pulling their midfielders around with his creativity. But he's not. And because he's not, he should be hauled off for someone that will do a shift (Nakamba, Hourihane).

Case in point: Southampton's 4th goal. The ball is played long forward and Watkins plays a beautiful ball back to Barkley in space....

... but his touch and awareness were awful, he turns it over immediately and they quickly break for a nicely taken goal. Game over.

Damn right...

Absolute luxury player we can't afford...

Someone posted above he's better than those on the bench, which is absolute drivel. Barkley has been the invisible man in most of the last three matches...if he don't do anything next match send him back!

We are far too open and surprise we concede goals, we are accommodating Barkley.

19 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Damn right...

Absolute luxury player we can't afford...

Someone posted above he's better than those on the bench, which is absolute drivel. Barkley has been the invisible man in most of the last three matches...if he don't do anything next match send him back!

We are far too open and surprise we concede goals, we are accommodating Barkley.

It’s not that way. He’s very helpful to the squad. It’s just that we need to use the right players at the right times. I think we should bench him against Arsenal, and put Nakamba instead of him. Arsenal aren’t shy to play counter attacking football. We need to do as we’ve done at Leicester. Then depending on how it’s going we make our changes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It’s not that way. He’s very helpful to the squad. It’s just that we need to use the right players at the right times. I think we should bench him against Arsenal, and put Nakamba instead of him. Arsenal aren’t shy to play counter attacking football. We need to do as we’ve done at Leicester. Then depending on how it’s going we make our changes. 

The Leicester game where Barkley scored the only goal of the game? 

Barkley has had a couple of performance where he wasn't at his best. After the Leicester game he mentioned that he might not have made it due to fitness. Maybe he still carrying something.

He's the only player barr Jack who can break the opposition lines.

• Like 1

Not so much being benched (although I'd certainly leave him there if he isn't 100% fit as he claimed after Leicester) but he's not even being subbed in games so Hourihane can't get on and at least up the tempo as he has done in the past when he's come on as sub.

I struggle with Ross Barkley ...  He looks absolutely brilliant one game & the looks like shite the next. He was that way at Everton & Chelsea, terribly inconsistent !!

Â