Ross Barkley

LondonLax

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gave us the "luxury" of 3 points last week to be fair 🤷🏾‍♂️

Obviously yet served up an invisible performance against Leeds.

Should he have played at all if he's injured, or maybe subbed off earlier?

Or is he guaranteed a place regardless...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I do worry about this also. With the comments that have come out from Smith regards getting subbed off at Chelsea, playing the 90 mins and getting in that England squad. We should make decisions that are in the best interest for Aston Villa, if thats concomitant with Barkley then great. But does he become undrop’able and unsub’able? Regardless of performance. Grealish is similar but he has a lot of trust in the bank. For me it’s not a problem atm, as he proved against Leicester but if he has a run of bad games and remains on for the full 90, as a fan I wouldn’t be happy. 

• Like 2

I’ll let him off but make no mistake, he was very poor last night. 

If he was carrying a knock, we should have played Ramsey who would have given us perhaps less quality, but more energy. 

Big fan of Barkley. Should be given a few days off now to recover from his knock. 

• Like 1

He did very little against Leicester until his goal, but the second we're 2 down, he doesnt deserve to keep his place with that kind of performance. At 3 down, it's too late.  If it was injury induced he should've been brought off earlier

Edited by MrBlack

18 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ll let him off but make no mistake, he was very poor last night. 

If he was carrying a knock, we should have played Ramsey who would have given us perhaps less quality, but more energy. 

Big fan of Barkley. Should be given a few days off now to recover from his knock. 

most of them were poor to be honest.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Has he taken McGinn's place as the player who doesn't miss a minute even if slightly injured, knackered, playing poorly? 

Leeds blew us away, all 11 of us. 

They won everywhere on the pitch and they scored 3 past a poor left side of our defence, we were lethargic against a team that looked on steroids.

Barkley was no worse then the rest, it was one of those games where they just beat us every where but still needed errors from us and a tw4t of a player having a miracle night and netting a hattrick.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 3

Ross hasn't played much for a few season's, not in terms of full 90 minute games, especially when the effort levels have to be so high. He's definitely not as fit as our other players and will need minutes to get up to the required level.

• Like 1

Chelsea are still intent on signing West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, 21, in the January transfer window, although the Hammers are prepared to give the England international a new contract which would double his £60,000-a-week wages. (Star on Sunday)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/rice-west-ham-chelsea-contract-22901870

Follow up on why I think people who think Chelsea will keep him, or that we would have a difficult time keeping him, if he wants to stay, and we want him are wide of the mark.

They want Rice, ON TOP OF, all they already have.

Rice might just end up being their new Ross Barkley, and wasted...

8 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Leeds blew us away, all 11 of us. 

They won everywhere on the pitch and they scored 3 past a poor left side of our defence, we were lethargic against a team that looked on steroids.

Barkley was no worse then the rest, it was one of those games where they just beat us every where but still needed errors from us and a tw4t of a player having a miracle night and netting a hattrick.

Not being funny, but I would have fancied a Hatrick if I was receiving those balls around the back of our defence.

I seen one player running around shadowing everything an everybody and never had the presence of mind to help Cash.....down that left was like watching the "keystone cops"......I can't believe it was left unchecked.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently Bielsa never plays a player unless they are 100% fit no matter who they are. Every player has to be on it. 

because its central to his thinking and philosophy......His thinking is all the players we face ar good if you let them be good.....so stop them.

and it will take you quite a way.....how sustainable it is is another question.

I thought Wolves did a good job on Leeds, despite being fortunate.

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently Bielsa never plays a player unless they are 100% fit no matter who they are. Every player has to be on it. 

That's because he's officially the best manager in the world ever. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not being funny, but I would have fancied a Hatrick if I was receiving those balls around the back of our defence.

I seen one player running around shadowing everything an everybody and never had the presence of mind to help Cash.....down that left was like watching the "keystone cops"......I can't believe it was left unchecked.

Quite right. I'm no coach but surely against Bielsa its a game of chess, our opening was poor, 20 minutes of that and I would flip it.

We need multiple systems, Cash and Targett would be fine in a 343/352/3421, Trez is not good enough period, if he absolutely nails his work rate we can function, he offers little else, switching to mings engels Konza for Trez would have stopped that rot, push Barkley behind Jack and Ollie, SJM and DL central, up the work rate some, job done, I'm a genius, pffft.

But this felt like last years coaching under pressure and not a clue what to do about it.

Ultra critical I know after this amazing start but I'm hungry and this lot should be too.

Â