Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I know its been posted before but what makes this even better is Oasis on in the background. 😍

Wonder who chose that as i'm sure its not something Jack would like

Their way of saying Hello maybe?  Might be giving them too much credit there though!

• Like 1

I saw the news at work and haven’t really been able to take it in until now.

What a fantastic piece of business by the club, a real sit up and take notice signing to the rest of the league.  I’m sure he’ll have his bad games like all players do, but he’s a major major upgrade on Hourihane and I don’t think i’ve been this excited since the MON or Big Ron days.  We can now make a real impression on the league this season and push for a top ten place.

I have some relatives who are big Evertonians and years ago they were hailing Barkley as the new Rooney, Gazza type.  He really had that much hype.  He can produce moments of real magic. I haven’t spoken to them but it’ll be interesting to hear what they think.

Looking forward to seeing him play already.

• Like 2

I’m pretty sure Barkley has come in to play on the left of a 3 man midfield and this will appease Jack as he knows his quality and the fact he’ll be able to trust him to pick him out with throughballs and link up well with him. also if jack vacates LW and moves infield he knows that Barkley can comfortably move out too the left in his place. Fantastic signing. 

• Like 2

This is just amazing! We manage to get an England international from a Champions League team. I bet every team below Chelsea in the table last year would love to have him, but we got him.

Moreover, he is exactly what we need, a box to box midfielder who is not only a good passer, can go past opponents and score goals, he gives us the strength and bite in midfield that we need as well.

This is a game changer for me. I still think we are a bit thin, need a back up cb and a wide forward still, but our starting eleven begins to look really good now!

Cred to @TrentVilla for giving us some hope and then being spot on, although it sounded almost too good to be true at the beginning. 

• Like 3

Everton fans hate him after he was leaving for a big fee, then stopped the move because he was injured. He got back to fitness after a long time, then moved the second he was back fit again for less than the fee originally agreed.  They refer to him as a rat. They have our snake. I call it even. 

Â