Ross Barkley

LondonLax

53 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

“Some of the other players we’ve talked about aren’t our players, and we don’t like that.

“We’ve had a lot of players this year who we don’t own. They’re a lot more valuable now than when they joined us and if we try to buy them it’s like, ‘Well, you improved them so now pay more’.

“That’s a terrible business model and we’re not going to be doing that in the future.”

Thanks.

Im sure there was a time CEO’s would just do their job without giving interviews.   These days we pay far too much attention to what’s said.   

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

oh dammit, just as i was feeling super happy....

Just imagine if Barkley's loan ends and we dont buy him, then Man City come in at buy Luiz back at the end of the season............

our beautiful midfield :(

will be fine tho, we will just go out and buy 2 ballers ;)

Yeah that would infuriate me to be fair and the only way to put that right would be for the Owners to make 200 million available for 2 replacements for them 🤣

Hope everything clicks and those midfielders all have a lot of fun playing together, chipping in with plenty of goals and assists. Certainly has the potential to work out that way.

Barkley stays fit, enjoys his football and being at this club, then he can become the first of our £30m range signings next season and the first through the door in the next phase of the NSWE vision of taking Villa back to glory.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Chelsea fans are abit disappointed in the Barkely Loan lol

https://www.theshedend.com/topic/31484-welcome-ross-barkley/page/47/#comments

Hope it's not just a loan without option to buy, just in case he does good here, it will be Tammy situation all over again.

If all goes to plan and Ross Barkley and the club have a great season, the gap between us and Chelsea is much narrower then the one when Tammy left. Should make his decision on weather he stays or tries his luck back there more difficult then Tammy's was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I think you just want to be angry about something.

Based on?

That’s a simplistic view, but do tell? I made a one line comment that the club had changed it views on loans. It wasn’t an offhand comment by the club, they were quite adamant when the comment was made. All I have done is state that that policy had changed 12 months later. Everyday someone on this forum questions decisions by the club, but this topic is taboo...?.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Really strange post. What suits them suits us. Would you prefer they stubbornly refuse to improve the squad even if they are at the limit of spending because Purslow said before we don't want to rely on loans?

Bearing in mind fans will complain about any petty old shit, you must realise you being the only person to take issue with this says a lot.

I made a one line comment that the policy had changed, others have taken me to task. The club can do what it believes is best for the team, but they obviously have changed tack on loans and that is their prerogative, but when they made it they were quite adamant. Asking for consistency in the leadership of the club isn’t a strange request, it’s the lack of consistency in policies that saw the club relegated over many seasons.

Just because you don’t understand the point I’m making, doesn’t mean you divert to me as complaining. The club had a policy, they changed it, I simply stated that it had changed, that’s not a complaint, it’s making a point.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

When did Purslow say we will never make another a loan signing? I suspect he didn't and was perhaps the club wants to move away from too many loan signings. Do you have a link to the quote?

Barkley is phenomenal addition for the season. Can't imagine that anyone would think otherwise

Both Purslow and Smith made the comment in the interview the day after we won promotion from the Championship play off. It’s for all to see on YouTube. They said they would not make loans in the future to improve the players for them to go back to their home club without a buy clause inserted.

• Like 1

From the highlight clips I have seen of Ross he seems to play the role that we all see Jack playing in , the middle . 

I would not put him straight in the team. Until we lose I would start with the same players, if we don't we risk the squad cohesion. 

Hope this works out, not happy with us being a shop window for other teams players especially with no option to buy at the end of the deal, do we know there isn't?.

Anyway good luck Ross hope it all works out.

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

I’d start him against red scouse anyway, it’s like another team buying Jack then benching him for their next game at small heath. Sharpen his teeth then let him loose. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’d start him against red scouse anyway, it’s like another team buying Jack then benching him for their next game at small heath. Sharpen his teeth then let him loose. 

Imagine he is match fit as he has played a bit in the cup

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kieranavfc said:

“Some of the other players we’ve talked about aren’t our players, and we don’t like that.

“We’ve had a lot of players this year who we don’t own. They’re a lot more valuable now than when they joined us and if we try to buy them it’s like, ‘Well, you improved them so now pay more’.

“That’s a terrible business model and we’re not going to be doing that in the future.”

Yet, being promoted was good for business and those loans helped that enormously.

Staying up was excellent for business and hopefully, the Barkley loan will help us stay up again.

The worst thing for business is relegation, so it's best to look at the bigger picture, rather than worry abut a player doing well for us for a season and then being worth more.

• Like 1

Great to hear Barkley saying he's come here to give himself a chance to be on the plane for the Euros in the summer but the so called pundits were saying Jack needed to leave to be on the same plane. 

Absolute rocket polishers 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Chelsea fans are abit disappointed in the Barkely Loan lol

https://www.theshedend.com/topic/31484-welcome-ross-barkley/page/47/#comments

Hope it's not just a loan without option to buy, just in case he does good here, it will be Tammy situation all over again.

I realised it seems that they are after Declan Rice?

I think is is a loan with a view to moving him on either way.

Whilst it's reported " no option to buy" I wonder if we have any sort of Gentleman's agreement?

If he does well, problem is the usual suspects probably start sniffing and the English Premium pricing kicks in.

Â