Ross Barkley

LondonLax

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Good to hear agent Tammy putting in a good word for us too :) 

I think if he was available we'd stand a very good chance to get him back, especially with Jack still here. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I think if he was available we'd stand a very good chance to get him back, especially with Jack still here. 

I don’t think he will be, and seeing Watkins lately I think his game is so much more suited to our style of play. 

• Like 1

Sports “journalists” do my brain!

”Needs to get his career back on track”

The **** played 30+ games for Chelsea last year!!!

How about getting a career as a proper journalist, rather than a paint by numbers according to Sky top6 whipping boy?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Everton fans hate him after he was leaving for a big fee, then stopped the move because he was injured. He got back to fitness after a long time, then moved the second he was back fit again for less than the fee originally agreed.  They refer to him as a rat. They have our snake. I call it even. 

It's the year of the Rat 👀

8 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Nothing wrong with a club changing it’s mind to suit a good opportunity. 

Btw, you’re suggesting we need to wait and see if it’s a good deal, perhaps you could do that too?

If the club wants to ‘change its mind’, that’s up to the club, but I prefer the club sending the same message, it’s changing it’s mind which got it into trouble the past decade. If your going to paraphrase, at least get the context right. No ones doubting the lads ability, but history tells us he’s not consistent through a season.

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well actually it took them about 5 months. We signed Drinkwater on loan in January.

Different context, Drinkwater was a January short term signing, due to injury crisis and we couldn’t buy anybody, he wasn’t brought in as a first team starter.

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

8 players from the British Isles in that 11, that must be quite a high % compared to other teams in the Prem and the others have been in the country a while now.

It doesn't mean much, but surely just from a language/culture point of view, it'll be easier to bed into the team? 

We did a similar thing with our team with Barry, Milner, Young, Gabby - English spine - hoping we can reciprocate those heady top 6 days! 

Are we still the last club to field an all British team in the PL? 

A few coincidental injuries or suspensions and we might be the next club to do that as well. 

20 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

If the club wants to ‘change its mind’, that’s up to the club, but I prefer the club sending the same message, it’s changing it’s mind which got it into trouble the past decade. If your going to paraphrase, at least get the context right. No ones doubting the lads ability, but history tells us he’s not consistent through a season.

So Purslow said we didn’t want to loan players then a year later we have loaned a player.   He probably shouldn’t have said that. But why do you care so much? 

24 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Different context, Drinkwater was a January short term signing, due to injury crisis and we couldn’t buy anybody, he wasn’t brought in as a first team starter.

Didn't he start the first 3 games after he arrived? You could also point to Luiz, who is effectively only here on loan if Man City decide he is. With a nice chunk of change for developing him coming our way, at least.

I understand your point, but personally I would rather see the slightly less dogmatic approach they're now taking over loan signings as a positive.

Â