Ross Barkley

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Great to hear Barkley saying he's come here to give himself a chance to be on the plane for the Euros in the summer but the do called pundits were saying Jack needed to leave to be on the same plane. 

Absolute rocket polishers 

Hopefully this strengthens both of their chances and they form a very good understanding and link up.

Jack seems very happy about the signing.

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Great to hear Barkley saying he's come here to give himself a chance to be on the plane for the Euros in the summer but the so called pundits were saying Jack needed to leave to be on the same plane. 

Absolute rocket polishers 

Pathetic media 😂 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I realised it seems that they are after Declan Rice?

I think is is a loan with a view to moving him on either way.

Whilst it's reported " no option to buy" I wonder if we have any sort of Gentleman's agreement?

If he does well, problem is the usual suspects probably start sniffing and the English Premium pricing kicks in.

After we got our pants pulled down on the Mings loan I can't see us putting ourselves in the same position. What's agreed and what is announced in a deal between two private companies don't have to match. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

If all goes to plan and Ross Barkley and the club have a great season, the gap between us and Chelsea is much narrower then the one when Tammy left. Should make his decision on weather he stays or tries his luck back there more difficult then Tammy's was.

Loan to buy clause is a bit nonsense besides the fact that you can lock in a price. Player power has been everything for ages. If Barkley goes well for us playing every week and loves it here he'll want to stay and Chelsea having midfielders coming out their hole won't hold us to ransom a la Bournemouth and Mings. Only stumbling block would be his alleged 120k a week wages

41 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Loan to buy clause is a bit nonsense besides the fact that you can lock in a price. Player power has been everything for ages. If Barkley goes well for us playing every week and loves it here he'll want to stay and Chelsea having midfielders coming out their hole won't hold us to ransom a la Bournemouth and Mings. Only stumbling block would be his alleged 120k a week wages

Do we know if its loan to buy yet or straight up.

If we do well and he was super good then we have no problem with the fee or wages, we should be operating at a higher level financially by then, it won't take long me thinks, but I'm far from the expert on this topic, others here might offer a better explanation if we were to finish say 5-7, 8-12 ? 

8 hours ago, QldVilla said:

I don’t agree with your point on Luiz, things change, Luiz May want to stay Moving forward. Drinkwater was an emergency signing. I also agree about a loan signing if right for the club then make it. But I’m sick of CEO’s/owners  making global statement at Villa and then not following through. I understand the sentiment at the time  and it was good to hear from the club, but it didn’t last long and probably never should have been said.

I also don’t believe Barkley was their first choice they wanted to sign an 8 but obviously not available for the price they were willing to pay. 

There's a stark difference between a squad building policy which revolves around loan players, such as the one he inherited, and signing a current England international on loan to compliment a squad in the second year of the PL. I actually can't remember exactly how Purslow phrased it tbh, but I would much rather our CEO tweak his thinking in the face of evidence than be dogmatic, as I said. 

Maybe if asked about it now he would tell you why we have taken the view that one or two loan signings ain't that bad after all. Wouldn't you rather have all the information at hand before you get annoyed? Because signing Ross Barkley on loan is hardly an existential threat to the future of the club. 

Aside - we don't actually know whether we have an option. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

I woke up this morning after dreaming that Barkley scored the winning goal in the league cup final.

Yeah, I know he is cup tied. 😪

To what tune? 

Bob Marley?.. ;)

4 hours ago, QldVilla said:

I made a one line comment that the policy had changed, others have taken me to task. The club can do what it believes is best for the team, but they obviously have changed tack on loans and that is their prerogative, but when they made it they were quite adamant. Asking for consistency in the leadership of the club isn’t a strange request, it’s the lack of consistency in policies that saw the club relegated over many seasons.

Just because you don’t understand the point I’m making, doesn’t mean you divert to me as complaining. The club had a policy, they changed it, I simply stated that it had changed, that’s not a complaint, it’s making a point.

If you don't think repeatedly expressing your irritation about the 'issue' is complaining, you must be incredibly depressing company.

7 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If you don't think repeatedly expressing your irritation about the 'issue' is complaining, you must be incredibly depressing company.

To be fair to him, his initial comment was a valid observation. Since then he's just been replying to all the comments that have been made since.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

To be fair to him, his initial comment was a valid observation. Since then he's just been replying to all the comments that have been made since.

Fair enough, I'll give the benefit of the doubt. I missed it at the time and there's been too much posted after to be bothered finding it.

Sorry if already posted but this loan is reportedly costing us £11 mill in fees and wages ... initially I thought I preferred Loftus-Cheek but now he’s signed I’m glad we’ve gotten Barkley out of the two. 

Just now, lexicon said:

5m loan fee plus his wages (around 115k per week, assuming the fee) - sounds about right? 

Has anyone credible actually reported that loan fee?  Sounds like sour Chelsea fans trying to sweeten the deal on their end. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

5m loan fee plus his wages (around 115k per week, assuming the fee) - sounds about right? 

Not beyond the realms of possibility but IIRC he people who were calling this transfer long before it happened were suggesting that Chelsea would be picking up the majority of his wages.

I would be more inclined to believe people who were proved correct than twitter noise.

That's the going rate I think. Even if that story isn't true.

£5m for a season of Barkley is a good deal, a really good deal if we've got a set fee at the end.

He has flattered to deceive for much of his career so not spending £30m on him yet is a sensible move.

• Like 1

Â