Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

A few interesting things in that interview:

- talking to Jack for last couple of weeks about how good it would be "when he's here". Looks like it's been in the pipeline for a while. Makes you wonder what the hold up was as Chelsea didn't need him, but were playing him anyway.

- Specifically mentioned linking up with McGinn and Jack when talking about where he sees himself playing..then mentioned that he only knows the English lads. Suggests he was sold that line up when he was signed. 

- whilst he wasn't overly smiley, like our last couple of signings, I dont take it as necessarily a bad thing.  He doesn't seem like that kind of person in general, so think it's just his nature.

Here's hoping for a cracking season of him linking up with Jack and them both scoring/assisting a shedload. 

Most players are taught to say the right things and be a bit monotype , plus he genuinely looks like a shy quite lad

• Like 1

For what it's worth, Everton supporters are not happy about this one.  They hate him even more than we hate Fabian Delph, over how he left them for Chelsea.  They've always been traditionally friendly with Villa supporters, but some are actively wishing us to go down now.  

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

For what it's worth, Everton supporters are not happy about this one.  They hate him even more than we hate Fabian Delph, over how he left them for Chelsea.  They've always been traditionally friendly with Villa supporters, but some are actively wishing us to go down now.  

I think they are more finding it funny that he has 'downgraded' from Chelsea when he left Everton to play at the highest level, which is fair enough I think.

4 minutes ago, GrassyNoel said:

steve coogan shrug GIF

They see our revival and sense the danger.

To be fair, they're going through one as well with Ancelotti.  James looks like he may be the spark to push them into the Champions League, either this season or next.  I've always had a soft spot for Blue Scouse and wish them well, just not when we play them!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

That’s really sad. If Inter signed Delph, why would I start hating Inter? Nothing to do with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Aaaaw that's too bad. I thought we were friends, we even have the same sponsor on the jerseys.

• Haha 1

Just now, KMitch said:

To be fair, they're going through one as well with Ancelotti.  James looks like he may be the spark to push them into the Champions League, either this season or next.  I've always had a soft spot for Blue Scouse and wish them well, just not when we play them!

Yeah I agree, one of a small list of teams I have no animosity towards, same for Forest personally. I wish them well, regardless of how some feel about us signing RB. I've seen a few decent tweets from Everton fans wishing him and us well for the season - I'm sure it's just a minority of 12 year olds acting up.

And yes, hope we stuff them home and away!

13 minutes ago, KMitch said:

A vocal minority, I'm sure. I didn't suddenly hate Man City when Delph went there, so I doubt they universally hate us for this.

I enjoy our friendly rivalry with Everton. It's better than the bitter ones we usually have with other clubs.

20 minutes ago, KMitch said:

This hasnt been my experience with Everton fans. For whatever reason the ones I have met have all been sad pandas. I am sure there are decent ones out there though.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

I mentioned some time ago about how my Baggies mate was giving it large about how they were going to be a force to be reckoned with this season, and that Villa would struggle again. That was before the opening games and any transfers. Right now he's backpedalling furiously, worried about their survival chances and incredulous at Villa's transfer business - Barkley above all. 

Oh what larks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â