Ross Barkley

LondonLax

13 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Probably not the best day to go cap in hand to chelsea to ask their price!

You would like to have thought we learnt lessons from Mings and a price has been agreed should we wish to buy 

33 minutes ago, Kingman said:

You would like to have thought we learnt lessons from Mings and a price has been agreed should we wish to buy 

IIf my memory serves their was no agreement. Apparently we paid around 7 million for the loan too.

Even if it costs as much as £40m we need to get him in. He's improved us massively. Didn't really have a great game last night but still popped up with the winner which shows what he can do. It's a shame we couldn't get a pre-agreed price to sign permanently included in the deal but I imagine Ch£ls£a were behind that. 

I juts think regardless of how he plays for us he doesn't have a future with them anyway. They've just signed Havertz for £70m and Mount is also preferred. If he stays it will continue to be cameos from the bench which isn't good for his career considering he's at peak age now.

Surely he'll want to come here over anywhere else. We can certainly afford him and he's playing like he's been here for years.

• Like 1

I thought he was pretty quiet last night.  

I was asking for him to be subbed after 75 mins because he looked knackered, then 10 mins later he blasts one in the corner from 25 yards - idiot me.

I asked myself who else would have took that shot on, and I don't even think McGinn would have, and he's been our best distance shooter for a while now. 

We'd not have won that game without him yesterday - I dare say it but... a bit Gerrard-y? Pulling a knob out of a hat when we need it - or summat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I thought he was pretty quiet last night.  

I was asking for him to be subbed after 75 mins because he looked knackered, then 10 mins later he blasts one in the corner from 25 yards - idiot me.

I asked myself who else would have took that shot on, and I don't even think McGinn would have, and he's been our best distance shooter for a while now. 

We'd not have won that game without him yesterday - I dare say it but... a bit Gerrard-y? Pulling a knob out of a hat when we need it - or summat. 

I remember thinking he could be Everton’s Gerrard when he broke through there. I think a few of them might have been thinking the same thing judging by how gutted they were when he left. 

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

His contract is up in the summer so technically we should be able to get him on a free? Although surely Chelsea have thought about this, maybe we agreed to give them 5mill more or so.

3 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

His contract is up in the summer so technically we should be able to get him on a free? Although surely Chelsea have thought about this, maybe we agreed to give them 5mill more or so.

That can’t be right. They wouldn’t loan a player with only 1 year left when they could sell him and get some money for him instead. 

9 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Contracts not up until summer 2023

9 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That can’t be right. They wouldn’t loan a player with only 1 year left when they could sell him and get some money for him instead. 

His contract runs until 2023

I said yesterday I thought we could get him for around 30m but yeah if he keeps producing match winning moments like that Chelsea obviously going to up things to 40m. Would like to think the loan fee at least has knocked off a bit of the final selling price.

I think it will be like Mings. He'll love it so much here and we'll have a decent season that it would be a waste to just go back to sit on Chelsea bench and lose all the momentum he's creating for himself this season.

We'll certainly be in a very strong position to get him if get europa. Think only Everton coming back in would stop a permanent deal and they're pretty sorted in midfield for the forseeable future.

33 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

My guess would be Chelsea would let him go for a reasonable fee and will not hold us ransom like Bournemouth and Brentford. Probably 25M or so. 

If a loan fee is £7m and he only has two years left, you would hope it would be 2 x £7m but I guess if he does do well, which we are all hoping, then it might inflate this somewhat.

He surely has no future there, with Havertz, Mount etc..

I guess it depends who else could have money and want to buy?

51 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

My guess would be Chelsea would let him go for a reasonable fee and will not hold us ransom like Bournemouth and Brentford. Probably 25M or so. 

not a chance... He's already worth £30-40m and probably worth £50-60 by the end of the season if he keeps this up.

Chelsea will know we want him,  and can demand a premium price.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

not a chance... He's already worth £30-40m and probably worth £50-60 by the end of the season if he keeps this up.

Chelsea will know we want him,  and can demand a premium price.

Alternatively barkley can demand a transfer back force the market for him really low like ferran torres (or what barkley did to Everton) and Chelsea don't want to be paying someone 6 million a year to come off the bench and take minutes away from mount and rlc. 

Â