Ross Barkley

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, Paulie said:

We won't have to pay Chelsea anything.  I believe his contract ends 5/31/2021.  Can sign a pre-contract agreement on a free transfer in January. 

No he can't you can only do that with clubs in another country.

Besides this is incorrect, he signed a 5 1/2 year deal in Jan 18

1 minute ago, Paulie said:

We won't have to pay Chelsea anything.  I believe his contract ends 5/31/2021.  Can sign a pre-contract agreement on a free transfer in January. 

I though his contract ended 2022?

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

As much as we are loving Barkley can you just imagine how much he must be loving life at Villa since joining? We will be keen to sign him permanently but I can't imagine he would be keen to leave either.

Might be a bit of a Mings situation where Chelsea know we desperately want to keep him, he wants to come here so they can pull our pants down over the price.  Still that's a problem for down the road, let's just enjoy him scoring bangers.

16 minutes ago, Paulie said:

You couldn't believe more wrongly. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

England call up? Oh wait he plays for villa but is owned by Chelsea, Southgate could get confused with this one......

He could call Mason and borrow his driving license. Sorted.

• Haha 1

Don’t think he had a brilliant game, but obv played just part in helping us control the game.

As soon as he got it, I was screaming ‘SHOOT!!’ Having full confidence in his ability to do that.  
Hourihane has that ability, but at too much cost to the rest of the grit of the team.

Desperately needed this long range ability.

Â