Emiliano Martínez

hippo

They say, no player is indispensible.....He is.

and he plays, like it loves it at B6......Thats not for us to take him for granted.....It's for us to make sure, he never leaves.

I think the crowd are great with him...it must be inspiring.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

On 29/01/2024 at 00:01, Jas10 said:

Can you see any young Arg keepers coming through with high potential?

I’m sure Emi will be inspiring future/young GKs for many, many years…

None at the moment. Our previous U-20 goalkeeper sucked. Current one is from Boca (Brey) but he has played very very little so far.

Hope so, I've seen plenty of little kids with his goalie shirt, but it's too soon probably.

• Thanks 1

Another great game. That early save on Brereton-Diaz was big. Could have been a different game had they scored there. Nice that he got to keep a clean sheet too.

• Like 4

To be fair he was getting a bit of a ego after the world cup and making a couple of mistakes, including the **** housery. But I Guess Emery had a word and he is now a much better keeper for cutting it out and focusing 100% on his game.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

To be fair he was getting a bit of an ego after the world cup and making a couple of mistakes, including the **** housery. But I Guess Emery had a word and he is now a much better keeper for cutting it out and focusing 100% on his game.

He comes across as a tremendously humble person so I think some of the bravado is an act - ditto the ****housery. 

I think the conversations Emery has had with him revolve around distribution: he’s been going long a little more recently. Combined with his excellence playing it out from the back and you’ve got a superb all rounder.

if he was a bit of a bell - which I don’t think he is - he can back it up 

• Like 2

The goal that Trossard scored today reminded me of the Brereton Diaz chance yesterday. Amazing how fans of other clubs scoff at the thought of Martinez being the best 'keeper in the world but I'm sure he would have saved that shot today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

To be fair he was getting a bit of a ego after the world cup and making a couple of mistakes, including the **** housery. But I Guess Emery had a word and he is now a much better keeper for cutting it out and focusing 100% on his game.

No he wasn’t it was just the narrative pushed by the jealous English media.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â