Emiliano Martínez

hippo

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Keepers rarely line up centrally on free kicks. It’s why you have a wall. 

You have to trust that the wall will protect that side of the goal and you guard the other side of the goal. 

A more central position probably would have given him a better chance of saving it, but then the other side of his goal is completely exposed. At this level a player could just drill the ball into the top corner. He also runs the risk of being completely unsighted because he’d be stood behind his own wall. 

You have to accept that if someone puts it in the postage stamp then they’re going to score. It’s a percentage game

Having occasionally played in goal for our cobbled together indoor 5 a side team in a lunchtime league at the Villa Leisure centre, many years ago, I feel qualified enough to completely agree with you on this! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Best goalkeeper in the world. More than made up for his error for the goal with that save in injury time.

I dont think I've ever seen a better keeper in one on one situations than him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

Best goalkeeper in the world. More than made up for his error for the goal with that save in injury time.

I dont think I've ever seen a better keeper in one on one situations than him.

What error?

What miscommunication? Emi comes for the ball. Lenglet obviously hears him.

At this point it's all Lenglet's job to just stand in front of your man and let Emi collect the ball.

It's pretty standard and not really an Emi mistake. Lenglet just stands there like a statue not doing anything.

Miscommunication with Lenglet for the first goal but absolutely immense at the end there. I swear he's the best keeper I've ever seen 1v1. He makes it look routine. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

What miscommunication? Emi comes for the ball. Lenglet obviously hears him.

At this point it's all Lenglet's job to just stand in front of your man and let Emi collect the ball.

It's pretty standard and not really an Emi mistake. Lenglet just stands there like a statue not doing anything.

If Emi has called for it there then it’s absolutely his error

• Like 3

Â