Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Probably cost us a point tonight, either from the fact he could have saved both, and definitely should have saved the one when we were coming back into it. 

However,  I still make it about 5 points he's won us net.  And the rest of the team didn't exactly give him an easy game. 

He is definitely going to want to put it right against Arsenal though, so expect man possessed to return then. 

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Probably cost us a point tonight, either from the fact he could have saved both, and definitely should have saved the one when we were coming back into it. 

However,  I still make it about 5 points he's won us net.  And the rest of the team didn't exactly give him an easy game. 

He is definitely going to want to put it right against Arsenal though, so expect man possessed to return then. 

Nah they missed a lot of chances and should have been out of sight anyway.  We didn’t even deserve a point. 

His parry v Saints nearly cost a point but for an offside call and he did similar today first half and then got his hands wrong for the third

it’s just a little blip , he’s a quality keeper he’s not going to suddenly turn in Nyland 

on the plus side , he’s been awesome and the way he comes out and gathers crosses means it’s the first team in years I don’t have to squirm every time a team puts a high ball in the box

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looked a bit nervy/off since last match to me.

Not sure why at all.

As others have said though, he has more than enough credit in the bank to have the occasional off night.

I just hope everything is ok behind the scenes.

Maybe the bloser knob has done more damage to his hand/ wrist than was first thought?

• Like 1

Been pretty much perfect for half a season. Every person in every job messes up sometimes. 

And yes, he is a world beater. He’s one of the best keepers in the league. Do you think Alison or Emerson are perfect every single game? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Been pretty much perfect for half a season. Every person in every job messes up sometimes. 

And yes, he is a world beater. He’s one of the best keepers in the league. Do you think Alison or Emerson are perfect every single game? 

Not a big enough sample size (Arsenal games included) to call him a world beater.

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Dont be crackers we were never drawing that game, we went in any sight of getting anything the way we played.

Cant win them all and at a game every 3 days people are going to be shattered. 

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

Noticed early in the game that he was punching balls he would normally catch.

He's looked out of sorts in the last couple of games. 

I have a feeling the effects of the Covid outbreak are slowly starting to manifest themselves in subtle ways.

Â