Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Nyland and Reina to this guy. Have we ever improved a position so much with one transfer? 

Maybe Baros to Carew. 

Neil Taylor to Targett (although it took Targett a while to shine.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Scary when you look back at what might have been.

I don't hear much hype about him these days either.

He was woeful for Stoke last season after the move to us broke down. A chap I work with is a Stokie. Butland is now second choice behind Guaita at Palace. His career has collapsed. 

Martinez is a breath of fresh air. Levels above anything we’ve had any many levels above the nearly signing Butland. 

• Like 1

Some redemption against Arsenal, that save from Xhaka, was sublime.

Alison Becker showed today, the best can make mistakes.

Emi has enough credit in the bag to have an off today......I trust him to correct things.

Top man.

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

He was woeful for Stoke last season after the move to us broke down. A chap I work with is a Stokie. Butland is now second choice behind Guaita at Palace. His career has collapsed. 

Martinez is a breath of fresh air. Levels above anything we’ve had any many levels above the nearly signing Butland. 

The last 2nd tier keeper from Arsenal was not bad either.......Jimmy Rimmer.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

Some redemption against Arsenal, that save from Xhaka, was sublime.

Alison Becker showed today, the best can make mistakes.

Emi has enough credit in the bag to have an off today......I trust him to correct things.

Top man.

Redemption.... Make it sound like he makes regular errors ffs 

8 hours ago, Risso said:

Neil Taylor to Targett (although it took Targett a while to shine.)

Mate do you not remember the numerous claims last season about taylor being better than targett??

Unreal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Mate do you not remember the numerous claims last season about taylor being better than targett??

Unreal.

I think what was said last year, was that Taylor was doing better defensively than Targett, but Targett was eons ahead offensively. Which at that point in time was correct methinks.

I really rate Targett and I'm not a big fan of Taylor, but Taylor has always been pretty good defensively I'd say. No point not giving credit where it's due.

• Like 2

Just on Neil Taylor, Jack did an interview on Football Focus with Dion Dublin at the weekend (think it was on whilst the Arsena game was on so saw it on iPlayer), he was talking about how youthful the team were but took time to mention Neil Taylor and Tom Heaton as being excellent professionals and doing everything right. Thought that was nice.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Just on Neil Taylor, Jack did an interview on Football Focus with Dion Dublin at the weekend (think it was on whilst the Arsena game was on so saw it on iPlayer), he was talking about how youthful the team were but took time to mention Neil Taylor and Tom Heaton as being excellent professionals and doing everything right. Thought that was nice.

Would love to see this: is there a link to the interview anywhere?

Â