Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Incredible performance. Massive.

I actually think he struggled with his kicking today a bit as well, especially first half. And that offside goal was from a strange one off him that went straight up which isn't supposed to happen.

Brilliant though, there all the time when it matters. Calms everyone down.

He's performing at a level now that strikers will be second guessing themselves shooting at him. He just stops everything ffs.

VAR = Villa Are Ruthless. 

That's because this season's signings didn't need time to fit in. They either had PL experience or were top players frkm the Championship but UK players so didn't have to settle into a new country. 

Emi has been the best of those signings in my opinion. He's a giant. He is constantly talking to them and can kick it left or right and usually with a lot of precision. His handling is usually brilliant and he's brave as anything. 

Without doubt, we mugged Arsenal. Great game tonight from the big man. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, May-Z said:

He is sensational. 

I was a bit surprised that he bought a foul when Romeu nudged him. Normally he just cleans it all up without any fuss. He's such a dominate beast in the box.

He got trod on the hand after his first miraculous save I think, he punched the corner straight after which I've not seen him do.  It may have been a bit sore so he was a bit more reluctant when claiming the ball but seemed go get over it.  A wonderful performance again from him.

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Fast forward to the first game with a full Villa Park, the Holte End packed and on fire as the players run out...

Martinez runs to the Holte End goal.

Right now he has no idea the reception he is going to get but you just know it is going to be special.

Don't. Just don't. That first game is going to be unreal.

After a performance like that apparently he was the first in the dressing room and waiting to thank the players for throwing themselves in front of the ball a few times at the end.

I mean, that just sums him up. A inspirational keeper and a top bloke in that dressing room. I genuinely believe things like that just get that extra 1% out of players at key moments.

Their is a special unity and bond in this team, you can see it, it is tangible. Player like Martniez and Cash have really added to that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Fast forward to the first game with a full Villa Park, the Holte End packed and on fire as the players run out...

Martinez runs to the Holte End goal.

Right now he has no idea the reception he is going to get but you just know it is going to be special.

I can't wait. 

OT but this is why I've got absolutely no interest at all in winning any sort of ballot to attend with 3/4k fans. I want the game to remain behind closed doors untill it's safe enough to return at full capacity.

We're yet to welcome 6 players to VP and they all deserve to hear a packed VP singing their names.  

Â