Emiliano Martínez

hippo

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

As a grass routes coach I agree on all points above. That sort of stuff gets forgotten when you are winning, it can be an issue when you aren’t.

Right, and one other thing I'll add: Almost all of the time, the first person to recognize a mistake was made was the one who made the mistake. Telling someone who knows they screwed up that they screwed up very often doesn't improve the chances of the outcome that everyone wants: for players to not make mistakes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So no Leno for the game against us, Martinez is going to get a lot of coverage in the build up to that game.

Mixed emotions for him I bet.  The club he was with for so long but now he’s proving them wrong for letting him go.  Hopefully for us that extra little spice to keep a clean sheet.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Mixed emotions for him I bet.  The club he was with for so long but now he’s proving them wrong for letting him go.  Hopefully for us that extra little spice to keep a clean sheet.

He has said he holds zero ill will to Arsenal and will always be part of their family. I bet he just wants to show them how good he is, and will do everything (like he always does) to keep a clean sheet. No malice in those lovely veins of Emi's.

Despite the fact Emi is the better keeper, Leno has been playing well of late, so a big boost for us he's out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He has said he holds zero ill will to Arsenal and will always be part of their family. I bet he just wants to show them how good he is, and will do everything (like he always does) to keep a clean sheet. No malice in those lovely veins of Emi's.

Despite the fact Emi is the better keeper, Leno has been playing well of late, so a big boost for us he's out. 

Fair enough! Good bloke.

Yeah massive boost for use, especially as Ryan is injured as well.

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough! Good bloke.

Yeah massive boost for use, especially as Ryan is injured as well.

Wicked... So chances are that Icelandic lad will be in goal?

Sling a few crosses into the box and let some howitzers go from long range... Something is bound to go in!

9 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Wicked... So chances are that Icelandic lad will be in goal?

Sling a few crosses into the box and let some howitzers go from long range... Something is bound to go in!

Yeah must be the kid as Ryan apparently is at least a week or two away but definitely not in against us.

You said it, we just have to really test him, doesnt matter whether long shots or not that we dont normally take.

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He is human after all then.

This. 

Gets a little bit of a free pass from me tonight when looking back at what's he's done for us so far.

Most of the other players let us down as much. Fatigue looks like it's knocking on our door but the bench ain't inspiring me.

• Like 3

Â