Emiliano Martínez

hippo

4 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Missed the game but according ti the highlights and comments regarding how we played, seems like we finally got s preview of what its like to have a game where Martinez couldn't bail us out.

This is such a negative thing to say. We were sloppier than usual last night but the first half was fairly even. After that Watkins, usually reliable, miscontrolled to give them two breakaway goals they finished well. I can't remember the other goal.

West Ham looked good, we looked tired. 

Edited by Rolta

Statistically 3rd best shot stopper in the league by my reckoning, he was 1st before last night.

Add to that he's good with his feet and the best in the league at catching.

Absolute baller who unfortunately made a few mistakes in one game. Has won us far more points than the one he arguably cost us yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Any talk of him being dropped is **** obscene!

It was a rare poor game for him. Probably his first one in a Villa shirt. He's earned plenty more chances.

He's been a class keeper for us, and I'm confident this is just a blip

Completely agree although I don't think he was at his best against Burnley either. His distribution hasn't looked as good in recent matches either which was a big strength of his earlier on in the season.

As you say though any thoughts of dropping him are completely mental. He's just won us 3 points against Southampton a game before this one. 

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Any talk of him being dropped is **** obscene!

It was a rare poor game for him. Probably his first one in a Villa shirt. He's earned plenty more chances.

He's been a class keeper for us, and I'm confident this is just a blip

Jesus Christ. Our fans really are so **** toxic. I do wonder if it’s the same for every club or if we are a bunch of bellends. 

Just now, Spoony said:

Jesus Christ. Our fans really are so **** toxic. I do wonder if it’s the same for every club or if we are a bunch of bellends. 

Was a few people on here last season saying Jack should have been dropped in the first few weeks of the season 😂😂

He's been mostly brilliant this season. Probably most games we have won , he's stopped a goal or two ...

The question is, when he isn't at his super human best - how good is this villa team ?

Does all the slick play this season , rely on EMI stopping 2 or 3 (or even more) certain goals a game ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Statistically 3rd best shot stopper in the league by my reckoning, he was 1st before last night.

Add to that he's good with his feet and the best in the league at catching.

Absolute baller who unfortunately made a few mistakes in one game. Has won us far more points than the one he arguably cost us yesterday.

I can't believe we are having to justify someone who has been a complete sensation since his arrival.

Anyone who cannot see how amazing he has been so far in a Villa shirt needs to pay a visit to the opticians. 

21 hours ago, Jono62 said:

It's standard when someone has a bad game, MUST be dropped. 

Then when said person is dropped, WHY was he dropped??

True. It’s similar to the:

“Why do we play the same 11 every week, we need a change?

No not that change! Or that one!”

argument.

Wow, some of the posts on here are quite incredible. 

This fella has probably given us an extra 10 points this season already with his exceptional goalkeeping.

A slight dip in what has been remarkable form is no reason to change things.

Â