Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Nothing Emi could do with goals yesterday. The headers were excellent, the second goal was a fluke. He made a great save also. I think his concentration dipped a little in the first half because Burnley offering NOTHING. He's still king.

I don't think he did much wrong. He MIGHT have been able to do better with the third goal. It seemed to take an age to go in.

First goal he was blocked off from coming out for it so had no chance.

Second goal is one of those that looks worse than it is. He can't move until he knows whether the attacker is getting a touch. And your assumption is that he will get a touch. It's just one of those that because nobody ended up touching it it ends up in the net. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't get this desperation at the moment to just jump on individuals when we lose a game.

We're over achieving, we're playing some of the most entertaining football in decades and we're on the up. 

Last nights loss was down to multiple things. 

Take a day out mate when we lose a game. Does wonders.  Whenever we lose a game it feels like a crisis. 

• Like 1

I thought they would be exempt under the elite athlete rule but yes we’d cope. Heaton for Martinez and Sanson for Luiz as presumably Nakamba would also have to quarantine

edit Nakamba depending on the quarantine laws re Zimbabwe.

Edited by WallisFrizz

For me it's analysis of why we lost the Burnley game.

Martinez made 1 world class save, a good many keepers wouldn't have got to that. However in quite few games this season he has made 3 or 4 such saves 

35 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Exactly this. Within an hour of the game finishing the other night I had read 

1. Alot of players were going to leave in the summer if we don't qualify for Europe.

2. Criticism of a number of players and management.

3. One poster even said 'im embarrassed to be a villa fan'.

4. Our form is poor because we've lost 4 out of 5. Despite the caveats and performance levels we are showing.

Literally couldn't be further from how I feel. The whole of the watching public saw a fantastic villa performance full of imagination and flair. We are a work in progress (look where we were 2 years ago) and it shows. Burnley was signs there is still work to be done, but also showed how far we have come. 

Definitely take a couple of days out after a defeat. Much easier for the mind. 

Plus, if this is Martinez's worst game in a villa shirt, then his performance levels have obviously been of a extremely high standard. But then, we knew that already didnt we?

Well it wouldn't be the first time football fans said something stupid, MJ 🤣

For anyone born after 1982, there hasn't been a better time to be a Villa fan - the way we play nowadays is just so much better than I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to every game. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, lexicon said:

For anyone born after 1982, there hasn't been a better time to be a Villa fan - the way we play nowadays is just so much better than I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to every game. 

I would definately say we have improved on the pitch this season which kind if reminds me of the Gregory years a little

However, the years of Big Ron were very special and we still have some way to go before we get to that stage.

Brian Little and Martin O'Neill years are what we want to try and emulate next in terms of flirting with the top 4 and In the UEFA cup.

We had brilliant Goalkeepers during all of those years, we now have a world class keeper who will help us get to that next level.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Â