Emiliano Martínez

hippo

53 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You can feel it already can’t you. It is going to be an atmosphere like no other. I so want to be there with my boys.

I hope the first packed villa park will be against united. They wont stand a chance in that environment.

It will be a emotional night for the fans.

As for Martinez i think he could go on on to be one of our best ever of he continues like this. We thought heaton was good but Martinez is another level

55 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You can feel it already can’t you. It is going to be an atmosphere like no other. I so want to be there with my boys.

I hope the form continues when fans are allowed to return.

No fans might be heavily benefitting us though like some of the other teams. There is no pressure from the fans. They can just play without fear atm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We thought heaton was good but Martinez is another level

Absolute shambolic tackle on Wilson within 3 minutes of first game back in PL says otherwise. Heaton was let go because he's not in same league as Pope 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

After a performance like that apparently he was the first in the dressing room and waiting to thank the players for throwing themselves in front of the ball a few times at the end.

I mean, that just sums him up. A inspirational keeper and a top bloke in that dressing room. I genuinely believe thongs like that just get that extra 1% out of players at key moments.

Their is a special unity and bond in this team, you can see it, it is tangible. Player like Martniez and Cash have really added to that.

Carry On Mood GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

After a performance like that apparently he was the first in the dressing room and waiting to thank the players for throwing themselves in front of the ball a few times at the end.

I mean, that just sums him up. A inspirational keeper and a top bloke in that dressing room. I genuinely believe thongs like that just get that extra 1% out of players at key moments.

Their is a special unity and bond in this team, you can see it, it is tangible. Player like Martniez and Cash have really added to that.

I love seeing it. And I love how much they shout at each other. Konza was shouting at Martinez at one point, someone was having a go at Cash and he was telling them to **** off. 

They hold each other to account. Thats a big part of it IMO. 

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Absolute shambolic tackle on Wilson within 3 minutes of first game back in PL says otherwise. Heaton was let go because he's not in same league as Pope 

This. That Bouenouth game was a joke.

Martinez is in a different stratosphere to Heaton. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I love seeing it. And I love how much they shout at each other. Konza was shouting at Martinez at one point, someone was having a go at Cash and he was telling them to **** off. 

They hold each other to account. Thats a big part of it IMO. 

Absolutely. I couldn’t agree more. Yesterday Cash had to deal with a tricky ball over the top in the second half and he turned to Martinez and shouted “*^%* off. What the *^%+ing hell was that call?” I assume because had told him time or man on etc and he didn’t agree.

I’ve seen several examples of that, players challenging each other holding each other to account, that is what good players and good sides so. It is a fine line making sure it is done in the right way but that comes down to the character of the players and the manager. You just know characters like Cash and Martinez post match will be completely different.

I met Cash a few times when he was at Forest and my lad was there, you couldn’t meet a nicer guy.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Absolutely. I couldn’t agree more. Yesterday Cash had to deal with a tricky ball over the top in the second half and he turned to Martinez and shouted “*^%* off. What the *^%+ing hell was that call?” I assume because had told him time or man on etc and he didn’t agree.

I’ve seen several examples of that, players challenging each other holding each other to account, that is what good players and good sides so. It is a fine line making sure it is done in the right way but that comes down to the character of the players and the manager. You just know characters like Cash and Martinez post match will be completely different.

I met Cash a few times when he was at Forest and my lad was there, you couldn’t meet a nicer guy.

The lads have an incredibly strong bond. Dean said yesterday that Emi is the first person in the dressing room to thank the other players for their efforts and blocks. It speaks volumes about him. I've said it before, but we have various leaders in that dressing room and Emi is a massive influence positive force. Not just on the pitch either.

7 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Goalkeeper's give you 2 to 3 wins a season on there performances and that was one yesterday quality.

He's already given us 3 by my reckoning. I will be amazed if he doesn't earn more, but even if he doesn't he's earning his money this season already.

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

"Fine line" indeed. As a coach (teenagers, mind you), I tell players to constantly give positive reinforcement even if (when) mistakes are made. I will do the job of critiquing. It's so easy for it to spin out of control. Obviously these are professionals, so there is probably more lee way, but if results start turning negative, it can create a toxic atmosphere. My 2 cents

33 minutes ago, tyklip said:

"Fine line" indeed. As a coach (teenagers, mind you), I tell players to constantly give positive reinforcement even if (when) mistakes are made. I will do the job of critiquing. It's so easy for it to spin out of control. Obviously these are professionals, so there is probably more lee way, but if results start turning negative, it can create a toxic atmosphere. My 2 cents

As a grass routes coach I agree on all points above. That sort of stuff gets forgotten when you are winning, it can be an issue when you aren’t.

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I hope the form continues when fans are allowed to return.

No fans might be heavily benefitting us though like some of the other teams. There is no pressure from the fans. They can just play without fear atm.

West ham too

Its definitely no coincidence for them 

Distribution was a bit uncharacteristic yesterday, but everything else was outstanding as always.

Not sure if the early, off distribution was down to nerves, of the whole team after Burnley, or due to the insane Southampton press.

Incredible signing.

Â