Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

46 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Why? We’ve got 4 and we’ve only got 11 games until the next window. I think we are absolutely fine.

It's a good point that we only have 11 games until the next window, makes me slightly more relaxed. Although counting with January makes it an additional 5 if we don't bring someone in at the beginning of the window.

I rate Mings and now also Konsa very highly, but as much as I rate them, I don't rate Hause. I think he is a liability. Engels I actually don't know what to think of as he has gone missing for a long time. Playing Elmo as CB is a sign of desperation imo. I have the impression that Mings often gets minor problems, but continues playing, I wouldn't like to risk him becoming the next Chester with the packed schedule this season, expecting him to play every minute carrying slight knocks. Konsa is still learning and I think would benefit from not being under pressure to play every game. Mings and Konsa will also go through patches where they drop in form, or get suspended.

In essence, I don't think we have any reliable cover for Mings and Konsa, and I don't expect them to be able to play in every game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve heard that before. I’ve no doubt he’ll have another setback before the match that puts him out for a further 6 weeks. 

There’s no way it’s coincidence that he makes that dreadful error against Spurs and then no one sees him again for 10 months. And if it is coincidence, then I’ll be god damned.

I actually quite like Engels, but I don’t think he has a future here. 

He played the cup final 2 weeks after Spurs

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dounavilla said:

I've literally just had this done,  left the dentist about an hour ago and the pain is kicking in.I'd take Wiltshire!!!

You survived at least Wilshere be out for 6 months from a dentist visit

15 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

It's a good point that we only have 11 games until the next window, makes me slightly more relaxed. Although counting with January makes it an additional 5 if we don't bring someone in at the beginning of the window.

I rate Mings and now also Konsa very highly, but as much as I rate them, I don't rate Hause. I think he is a liability. Engels I actually don't know what to think of as he has gone missing for a long time. Playing Elmo as CB is a sign of desperation imo. I have the impression that Mings often gets minor problems, but continues playing, I wouldn't like to risk him becoming the next Chester with the packed schedule this season, expecting him to play every minute carrying slight knocks. Konsa is still learning and I think would benefit from not being under pressure to play every game. Mings and Konsa will also go through patches where they drop in form, or get suspended.

In essence, I don't think we have any reliable cover for Mings and Konsa, and I don't expect them to be able to play in every game.

If we are missing one of them for a couple of games I think we could cope, if it was a prolonged absence I’d agree.

I don’t think many clubs in their second season in the PL following promotion have 4 better than we have though.

In an ideal world we would have another right CB, a better left back than Taylor and another forward but I’m quite comfortable with what we have through to January.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

I heard Engel's has gone to Armenia to grow beets on a farm, Dean has hired a lookalike to occasionally pose for photos in training but the lookalike can't ever play football.

that's what i heard, also Benhrama can't ever join Villa as he is afraid of Cabbages.

also Cantwell is actually a small 11 year old girl named Patricia, she's from Canada and likes the band the presidents of the united states, especially their song about nectarines.

Peachy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

also Cantwell is actually a small 11 year old girl named Patricia, she's from Canada and likes the band the presidents of the united states, especially their song about nectarines.

I played that song for the lady friend recently. She'd never heard of it, I think I nearly got dumped 😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

Agreed, although if we don't get King its still been an absolutely superb window for us. 

If we brought king we would be nuts it is everything that is wrong with a signing.

He is 29, on 7 million a year, with 8 months left on his contract. 
although he is a decent player he isn’t a player who fits what we do.

If we have the money I’d rather sit on it and add it to a future window to buy a player that does fit.

Id rather 1 Buendia or Benrahma than 2 kings 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve heard that before. I’ve no doubt he’ll have another setback before the match that puts him out for a further 6 weeks. 

There’s no way it’s coincidence that he makes that dreadful error against Spurs and then no one sees him again for 10 months. And if it is coincidence, then I’ll be god damned.

I actually quite like Engels, but I don’t think he has a future here. 

Well he has previous in regards to injuries. He is somewhat Injury prone.

2 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

He’s in the training photos from this week:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/GALLERY-Squad-train-during-international-break-/

I think he’s just been injured, but should be back soon. There doesn’t need to be a conspiracy. 

Its one area where our club secrecy is a disappointment for me. Fair enough, don't leak your transfer budget, don't give away who you're interested in, but the total absence of ANY official club news on the injuries of Wesley, Engels and Heaton just confuses me. It's what leads to the conspiracy theories. 

Edited by MrBlack

39 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Still baffling to me that anyone who doesn't support Bournemouth would go out of their way to watch them on demand, but each to their own.

I watched Bournemouth,Watford and West Ham alot, sometimes I even try and give it a priority as it was Villa related. It was as if Villa were playing.

3 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

He’s in the training photos from this week:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/GALLERY-Squad-train-during-international-break-/

I think he’s just been injured, but should be back soon. There doesn’t need to be a conspiracy. 

Pretty sure deano said engels would be available after the international break.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

but the total absence of ANY official club news on the injuries of Wesley, Engels and Heaton just confuses me. It's what leads to the conspiracy theories. 

Not sure what you're talking about. Heaton was in club video interview pre season saying he hoped to be available post internationals but would have to play it by ear then we signed Martinez. Wesley has been mentioned repeatedly aiming for December January and Smith has said Engels has been injured. 

What's being held back?

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not sure what you're talking about. Heaton was in club video interview pre season saying he hoped to be available post internationals but would have to play it by ear then we signed Martinez. Wesley has been mentioned repeatedly aiming for December January and Smith has said Engels has been injured. 

What's being held back?

There is always someone on here trying to use logic and reason to spoil a good conspiracy theory, shame on you Kiwi 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Pretty sure deano said engels would be available after the international break.

I actually think he said he was available for Liverpool as in back in proper training.

We aren’t going to be seeing him without an injury anyway, maybe on the bench... but at least we will know we have a forth centre back 

Edited by paul514