Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

56 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would have loved Benrahma, West Ham will have a nasty attacking lineup, Bowen, Benrahma, Fornals, Antonio etc

They must be using our transfer window threads to decide on their transfer targets. Bowen and Benrahma, were much discussed on here, it would be more than annoyingly to see them both end up there.

1 minute ago, John said:

They must be using our transfer window threads to decide on their transfer targets. Bowen and Benrahma, were much discussed on here, it would be more than annoyingly to see them both end up there.

If you are watching West Ham board, you should definitely sign this lad called Henri Lansbury. Talented midfielder which I think you could use 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

They should have kept diangana, who I think is much better than benrahma

It made no sense to sell him, if the Benrahma rumour is correct they have lost the plot over there. I would have loved us to get Diangana.

• Like 1

As much as I want to buy a few more players to strengthen the squad this season, I'm very happy with the progress we've made on building the squad this summer.  Watkins, Barkley, and Martinez are top half talents, Cash looks like he's got a lot of promise, and while the jury is still out on Traore, he offers us another option in our weakest position in the squad. 

Most of us are still worried about the lack of depth in the squad and rightly so, especially after injuries to Wesley, Heaton, and McGinn almost saw us relegated last season.  The key here is that building a strong squad will take time.  You need to keep buying players better than or as good as your starters, not just better than those on your bench.  Keeping hold of our spine and another 4-5 quality players next summer, who are as good or better than our strongest players in those positions, is how we progress. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Revealed: Aston Villa in concrete move to sign big name by 5pm on Friday

By

Wayne Veysey

12th October 2020 at 7:15am

Aston Villa are launching a concrete move to sign Josh King from Bournemouth ahead of Friday’s 5pm domestic cut-off.

Sky Sports reported last night that West Ham have had a £13million bid rejected for the Norway international, 28.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Villa are still keen on winning the race for King and have been encouraged that he is keen on a move to the Midlands.

Dean Smith’s side are readying a major bid of their own for King despite spending around £75million on new players in the main window.

Villa will first need to offload senior stars from their wage bill, with Football Insider revealing last week they are listening to offers for Henri Lansbury, Frederic Guilbert and Anwar El Ghazi.

The battle for King is likely to be one of the headline deals of the short domestic window that closes on 16 October.

Subscribe to Football Insider TV now

Significantly, rival suitors West Brom are no longer in the running after King made it clear he does to want the transfer.

As revealed by Football Insider, the forward has “no interest” in a move to the Hawthorns and is holding out for a transfer to a “bigger club”.

Villa fit the bill after two summers of big spending transformed Smith’s squad and their 7-2 demolition of Liverpool a week ago grabbed interest around the globe.

King is regarded as very likely to leave Bournemouth by Friday evening.

He has scored 48 goals in 161 Premier League appearances although he was not prolific in attack last season with just six goals and four assists to his name in 26 top-flight games.

A good backup option for Ollie

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably. But we do need a striker. As our only backup is davis and he is very injury prone.

Although i think i read traore can play up front. Looks more a winger to me

12 goals in 24 at CF looks good to me 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

12 goals in 24 at CF looks good to me 

Transfermarkt have him down as 70 games, 38 goals, 11 assists at CF over his whole career as well. Goal involvement every 100 minutes is nothing to sniff at. Seems like he's very well versed in playing in the centre of a front 3.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably. But we do need a striker. As our only backup is davis and he is very injury prone.

Although i think i read traore can play up front. Looks more a winger to me

Traore's most productive position is striker where averages 1 in 2 for goals. 

Would like this type of player, but not King. 

Nothing about that is concrete if we have to sell players that the teams that would want them can't afford to pay their wages.

We also have Louie Barry, Archer, and Shapoke in the reserves. 3 very promising youngsters. Wesley is due back an a couple of months.

I'm not going to fret over a strikers. Would prefer to blood one of those youngsters than play an average Premier league 28 year old.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even if we were in for Benrahma I think he would move to West Ham. Could see them offering higher wages and also you have the London factor. 

Gold and Sullivan are tight arses. West Ham fans hate them. If they penny pincher this one, steal it of them. West Ham’s ground is shit, a glorified athletics stadium. London meh, hasn’t stopped us signing good players up to now.