Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh i think it will have been a very strange window if Cantwell, Buendia, Sarr, Brooks, Hughes, Aarons all end up not moving..........any other season im sure they would have been snapped up??

Think clubs aren’t willing to sell on the cheap no matter their position and would rather hold out for top money to ease financial strain more so than a quick sale.

2 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Think clubs aren’t willing to sell on the cheap no matter their position and would rather hold out for top money to ease financial strain more so than a quick sale.

True, however they also run the risk of losing out altogether.

Those players could go on to have average seasons in the Championship, or be outshined by others and have their values plummet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True, however they also run the risk of losing out altogether.

Those players could go on to have average seasons in the Championship, or be outshined by others and have their values plummet.

100% right, presumably a lot of these players had relegation clauses in their contracts, only saving grace from the selling club which gives them more leverage.

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh i think it will have been a very strange window if Cantwell, Buendia, Sarr, Brooks, Hughes, Aarons all end up not moving..........any other season im sure they would have been snapped up??

To a lesser degree Mepham, Billing etc.

By far the strongest premier league of all time last season. So many quality players got relegated too many to buy them all I guess. 

42 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

By far the strongest premier league of all time last season. So many quality players got relegated too many to buy them all I guess. 

How many were sold from relegated teams compared to the usual?

Wilson, (Fraser although not renewing before the relegation), Doucoure, Lewis, the Norwich defender that went to Everton. Have I missed anyone else? Possibly Dawson although not sure if he transfered yet?

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Stronger than the season when a team that stayed up by the skin of their teeth won the league the following year?

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

The only way I can see any deal happening would be as a loan to buy. But the issue is still the fact that Watford will want a massive amount of money for him. They paid £35m in the first place I think.

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Wilson, (Fraser although not renewing before the relegation), Doucoure, Lewis, the Norwich defender that went to Everton. Have I missed anyone else? Possibly Dawson although not sure if he transfered yet?

Wilson maybe king tomorrow ?

8 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Ben Godfrey and Nathan Ake,  both massive players for their clubs.

Norwich and Bournemouth have both lost 3 key players. Watford have only lost Doucore to the prem, but they released Deeney (which will hurt them).

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Can’t wait for the window to close and we get back to just playing games.

I feel the same now. To be honest once the international one closed everything seemed to grind to a halt. so I’ve been sort of ignoring that it was still open domestically anyway. 

• Like 2

I actually think Karlan Grant will be a good signing for West Brom.  Would have liked him as part of our squad.  

Can’t wait for this window to finally close though and we can forget about it until January.  Been a great summer window for us. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I feel the same now. To be honest once the international one closed everything seemed to grind to a halt. so I’ve been sort of ignoring that it was still open domestically anyway. 

Likewise never expected any in before this deadline although hoped we might get a couple out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I actually think Karlan Grant will be a good signing for West Brom.  Would have liked him as part of our squad.  

Can’t wait for this window to finally close though and we can forget about it until January.  Been a great summer window for us. 

don't know anything about him but did see a local journo say he was a great signing for them on the basis that he could yo-yo with them and develop in that kind of fashion, suggested to me that he would be a back up here which at 23 im not sure if that's a good signing for us