Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

We wont be signing king either...he wants 130k a week..AHAHAHAHAHAHA

King wouldn’t be a good signing. He’s like those who we signed and failed to shift. Won’t be a long term solution. Unlike Benrahma. The thing with Benrahma, Sarr, Brooks and Buendia is that they’re a players that’ll keep their prices and also they can be part of the development. No point of getting some average player as back ups. The plan should be get the better players, and fill the squad with young gems wether it’s from our academy or getting them from other places. I can understand loans but to buy unshiftable player who’s an average one in the first place won’t be the wisest moving. I appreciate that we might need a striker cover but for me Davis and Traore are much better than spending fee and wages for King who we’ll want to shift again next summer. Look at us now, we’re finding it even hard to shift El Ghazi who doesn’t seem to be in big wages, and in a good age. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Unless a couple go I don’t see us signing anyone even on loan.

Would love us to sign one more player.

But tbh, I can't see how we could offload lansbury, ghazi or guilbert in this window.

No champ club in their right mind would take lansbury, ghazi would probably be too expensive (salary/fee), also doubt he would agree to drop to the champ, and although I think guilbert would be a great signing for a champ club, can't see him agreeing to go to the champ.

Edited by MaVilla

17 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Sad but true.

I feel like we are desperately short at CB.  1 long term injury and you have Engels or Hause at CB full time 🤮

This is how I feel. Whilst we have players all over the pitch that are massively important to us i do think losing either Mings or Konsa would be the most costly. 

Injurys make or break season for clubs that are expected to be in a relegation battle. Look at Bournemouth, didn’t they have a ridiculous injury list in the middle of last season? Such small margins in this league.

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Would love us to sign one more player.

But tbh, I can't see how we could offload lansbury, ghazi or guilbert in this window.

No champ club in their right mind would take lansbury, ghazi would probably be too expensive (salary/fee), also doubt he would agree to drop to the champ, and although I think guilbert would be a great signing for a champ club, can't see him agreeing to go to the champ.

I agree, only way would be a loan with us subbing the wages for say Guilbert or Lansbury. AEG I think still has a roll with us.

King is so trash. It cracks me up we get linked with him and so many are suddenly big fans and experts on the player "PL experience" "can cover the front 3" (latter is bollocks). Often the comments are followed by haven't really followed or watched him but would be a good signing 😄

£130k / week for King? Bloody hell.

Isn't that more than Grealish is on with his new deal?

Really hope West Ham decide to pay that. They've brought Craig Dawson in on loan, who would have been a good loan signing for us if Engels or Hause left.

Will be nice when this window is closed.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

King is so trash. It cracks me up we get linked with him and so many are suddenly big fans and experts on the player "PL experience" "can cover the front 3" (latter is bollocks). Often the comments are followed by haven't really followed or watched him but would be a good signing 😄

I'm just impressed by your dedication staying up until 3am to watch Bournemouth play so often.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

£130k / week for King? Bloody hell.

Isn't that more than Grealish is on with his new deal?

Really hope West Ham decide to pay that. They've brought Craig Dawson in on loan, who would have been a good loan signing for us if Engels or Hause left.

Will be nice when this window is closed.

King is out of contract this summer so I suspect the wages (if accurate) reflect the fact he would be on a Bosman in 8 months time.

If on a Bosman he would likely command more in wages/signing fee than when subject to a transfer fee so if he is to move now I'd imagine he and his agent will want that factored in.

In short, can't see him moving and he will go on a Bosman in the summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

King is out of contract this summer so I suspect the wages (if accurate) reflect the fact he would be on a Bosman in 8 months time.

If on a Bosman he would likely command more in wages/signing fee than when subject to a transfer fee so if he is to move now I'd imagine he and his agent will want that factored in.

In short, can't see him moving and he will go on a Bosman in the summer.

I could see West Ham going in for him. A desperate deadline day signing.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree, only way would be a loan with us subbing the wages for say Guilbert or Lansbury. AEG I think still has a roll with us.

He should be pushing for a place instead of going to Greggs.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I can see them going for him to placate fans but I can't see them actually coming up with the money if the quoted figures are accurate.

Yeah, sounds like one of Deadly Doug's spurious shopping lists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1