Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Benrahama way too expensive at that price for a back up role in this team. 

Very quiet on buendia. 

Of course he's far too expensive for a Back up role, the truth is he will be just like Ollie and not be playing second fiddle to anyone, he will be going as the main man in his position, therefore the price set is just right.

As much as I want Benrahma in the squad, I just can't see it happening.

Potential £30m for a player that probably won't get in the first 11, and he certainly wouldn't in his favoured position. Unless we're planning on moving Jack on to the right and have him alternate with Benrahma throughout the game.

Also, Trezeguet is playing well, and would Traore come here to sit on the bench as backup to Watkins? Again, unlikely.

Still a bonkers deal for West Ham if it happens considering that they wanted a CB and sold Diangana to get one.

52 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Gold and Sullivan are tight arses. West Ham fans hate them. If they penny pincher this one, steal it of them. West Ham’s ground is shit, a glorified athletics stadium. London meh, hasn’t stopped us signing good players up to now.

Yeh but he seems like the kind of Guy that would rather live in London than play for a better team.

18 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Of course he's far too expensive for a Back up role, the truth is he will be just like Ollie and not be playing second fiddle to anyone, he will be going as the main man in his position, therefore the price set is just right.

giphy.gif

I'm afraid he wouldn't be first choice.

We didn't have a striker so pushed the boat out for Watkins. We have a better wide left than Benrahma so I'd be stunned if we paid the money you probably want for him.

I'd also be stunned if West Ham paid it. 

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh but he seems like the kind of Guy that would rather live in London than play for a better team.

I’ve seen and heard nothing from him to indicate he feels that way. He’s already got Watkins, Konsa and Smith here to help him settle in at Brum. Paul Merson liked our city so much he still lives here. London is only really a draw for foreign based players who have little or no perception of a Britain outside of the Capitol. 

He could play on the right but when his best form comes from the left that would be a bit stupid. 

I very highly doubt we're in for him at all anyway unfortunately. Our business was done when we signed Barkley. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

He could play on the right but when his best form comes from the left that would be a bit stupid. 

I very highly doubt we're in for him at all anyway unfortunately. Our business was done when we signed Barkley. 

Sad but true.

I feel like we are desperately short at CB.  1 long term injury and you have Engels or Hause at CB full time 🤮

• Like 1

Heaton injured to the degree it's unknown how fit he will be when coming back. Same goes for Wesley. Engels is a complete mystery. He might have had a mental breakdown from all we know. That's 3 out already there's huge question marks surrounding. Elmo, Guilbert, Nakamba and Conor I'll give you. 

All teams will struggle if key players become injured, but we could do with some luck in regards to injuries this season. Because we're not looking all that decent on the bench. 

We really need Traore to be what some people hope he is. Could also do with Hause improving dramatically. Ramsey has looked good mind. 

3 hours ago, meregreen said:

I’ve seen and heard nothing from him to indicate he feels that way. He’s already got Watkins, Konsa and Smith here to help him settle in at Brum. Paul Merson liked our city so much he still lives here. London is only really a draw for foreign based players who have little or no perception of a Britain outside of the Capitol. 

That video he made which he has since deleted seemed very ‘Landan’. Ya get me blad?