Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I used to be really keen on him but not so sure anymore. Not convinced by his character based on what I saw on Instagram. Any justification in me thinking that?

Not really, A young man doing what most of them do nowadays in this media driven world, post things first without thinking, easily done, probably now regrets it, we have all done things in life, that with hindsight we still cringe at, I think his previous agent should have advised him not to post that type of thing, and that could be why he sacked him and changed agents, who knows?,  As far as I know he's no problem at all club level wise, trains hard, is well liked by all, and above all knows how to play, I have actually met him to speak to and found him a very pleasant and engaging young man, 

There was some report, how true I don't know, coming out of Leeds, that Bielsa didn't fancy him due to that video, I find that rich coming from a man that can't/won't speak English and appears to make no attempt to learn the language, still, it is Leeds we are talking about.

My money is still on him going to Villa at the last minute. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Not really, A young man doing what most of them do nowadays in this media driven world, post things first without thinking, easily done, probably now regrets it, we have all done things in life, that with hindsight we still cringe at, I think his previous agent should have advised him not to post that type of thing, and that could be why he sacked him and changed agents, who knows?,  As far as I know he's no problem at all club level wise, trains hard, is well liked by all, and above all knows how to play, I have actually met him to speak to and found him a very pleasant and engaging young man, 

There was some report, how true I don't know, coming out of Leeds, that Bielsa didn't fancy him due to that video, I find that rich coming from a man that can't/won't speak English and appears to make no attempt to learn the language, still, it is Leeds we are talking about.

Which video was it? The hair cut one?

What makes you think he will still go Villa. I can’t see it myself.

5 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Ain't that the truth 😅

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sort of agree completely, but the Grealish having a minor knock just scares the crap out of me. I never want to see AEG in the Prem again. And Traore looks a million miles off pace. 

Are there any obvious championship CB talents? 

@Villan4Life

4 best young centre backs in my opinion in championship @Villaphan04 & @KenjiOgiwara are:-

Harry Souttar (Stoke) age 21

Joe Rodon (Swansea) age 22

Nathan Collins (Stoke) age 19

Chris Mepham (Bouirnemouth) age 22

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Benrahma to West Ham looks a done deal. Bookies of closed the market too.

i would have loved Benrahma, West Ham will have a nasty attacking lineup, Bowen, Benrahma, Fornals, Antonio etc.

On balance though, for however much i would love Benrahma at Villa, at this moment i dont think its 30m well spent for us, in another 12 months it might have been, but right now if we have 30m+, we probably need to spend it elsewhere to improve the first team.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jonjon said:

what makes you think that

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would have loved Benrahma, West Ham will have a nasty attacking lineup, Bowen, Benrahma, Fornals, Antonio etc.

On balance though, for however much i would love Benrahma at Villa, at this moment i dont think its 30m well spent for us, in another 12 months it might have been, but right now if we have 30m+, we probably need to spend it elsewhere to improve the first team.

I think if Jack had left, or had moved into midfield, then we may have been in for him. 

Be interesting to see how he gets on. 

37 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

4 best young centre backs in my opinion in championship @Villaphan04 & @KenjiOgiwara are:-

Harry Souttar (Stoke) age 21

Joe Rodon (Swansea) age 22

Nathan Collins (Stoke) age 19

Chris Mepham (Bouirnemouth) age 22

Souttar and Collins were excellent against us in the Carabao Cup. Rodon is a great young prospect too, I remember seeing him at Villa Park a couple of seasons ago for Swansea. I don’t think I have seen Mepham play but I have heard of good things about him, you have great knowledge Villan4Life

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Sullivan was moaning about high transfer fees two weeks ago :D

so plan splash £30mil on Benrahama.

They should have kept diangana, who I think is much better than benrahma