Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

think that it's possible but they also might have wanted to just add more capital to the company

I think it is fair to assume that. 

Also I am sure someone can have a quick look for this, but hasn't most of their share issues been 30 million? I may have made that up but I have some memory of it.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

For anyone that knows, could this be for anything other than a transfer?

Flukey timing putting funds there now?

You would need to view it in context of the current years accounts which we won’t see (in full either) for months and months yet. It will be for cash flow, i.e. to cover current or forecast losses in operational expenses which could include or be a consequence of transfers. However whilst the £30m is a convenient transfer like sum, it may not be ring-fenced for another single purchase. We really couldn’t tell. It’s just as likely that it’s the forecast trading deficit/loss for the year, now the main window has closed, which includes this window’s purchases, i.e, if we’d bought Benrahma and or Rashica, it might have needed to be £55m or there abouts.

I think it would be expected that we would make a £30m loss or more this season, as that’s the average allowed under FFP, and our owners are seemingly happy to make these year on year losses to move us forward. If I had to bet, I would think this signals our spending is done and this sum balances the books.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

You would need to view it in context of the current years accounts which we won’t see (in full either) for months and months yet. It will be for cash flow, i.e. to cover current or forecast losses in operational expenses which could include or be a consequence of transfers. However whilst the £30m is a convenient transfer like sum, it may not be ring-fenced for another single purchase. We really couldn’t tell. It’s just as likely that it’s the forecast trading deficit/loss for the year, now the main window has closed, which includes this window’s purchases, i.e, if we’d bought Benrahma and or Rashica, it might have needed to be £55m or there abouts.

I think it would be expected that we would make a £30m loss or more this season, as that’s the average allowed under FFP, and our owners are seemingly happy to make these year on year losses to move us forward. If I had to bet, I would think this signals our spending is done and this sum balances the books.

How long before it's listed in the mail as "definitely for a transfer" funds? I'll go 11am.

I'm greedy and want Buendia, he will be available and is an excellent player. We don't necessarily need him right now but if Grealish keeps going he will have suitors again next summer. It makes sense to replace your best players before they leave not after. Buendia would be ideal as well as being able to play off the right if Traore doesn't cut it.

55 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Aren’t these deals normally paid over a number of years, not sure why we’d need the full £30m now.

Woooooo, we are buying a £120m player on a 4 year contract. Go Villa!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Benrahma undergoing medical at spam.

Oh well. No point us spending £30m on a player that won't be guaranteed first team football, and that's without his wages.

I'm sure West Ham will be paying him £100k / week minimum.

Desperate times.

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

How long before it's listed in the mail as "definitely for a transfer" funds? I'll go 11am.

Aston Villa inject THIS amount into transfer kitty following record setting attacker breakthrough

Story to follow...

" Aston Villa attacker Ollie Watkins cost the club upwards of 30 million pounds in the close season.

This has nothing to do with the story, but you clicked. #winning "

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Oh well. No point us spending £30m on a player that won't be guaranteed first team football, and that's without his wages.

I'm sure West Ham will be paying him £100k / week minimum.

Desperate times.

Indeed.  I would have liked us to sign him.  It just wasn't the right time for us.  We have his position filled. 

Edited by Liam100