Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

It's odd, last season, Guilbert had some stinkers, but usually when all of the team were playing atrociously, can't remember too many individual of his errors that cost us.

He probably had less or equal bad performances than Mings, Luiz, McGinn, Targett yet now has become utter dispensible and on many bomb squad lists because we signed Cash.

If Cash gets injured we need Guilbert, Elmo is a great pro but he doesn't have anywhere near the same pace and eye for a tackle as Guilbert, who can also play at left back.

I find it laughable we seem determined to sell him off no matter what. It was his first season not only in the country but also in the Prem.

Same with Engels, who at least makes sense to sell in a way because he fell out with the manager and has made some absolute howlers, even so we can't afford to ship him out without a replacement either.

Until we have some more youth coming through the ranks we can't actually bomb out anymore players than we have already.

40 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Only player I'd be remotely interested in is Josh King I think. 

I wonder if Bournemouth would consider a loan just to get him off the wage bill for a year.  I guess it depends on what offers they actually get for a permanent transfer.  He would definitely fit in the squad quite nicely in the short term but long term isn't really what we look for in a signing.

15 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

It's odd, last season, Guilbert had some stinkers, but usually when all of the team were playing atrociously, can't remember too many individual of his errors that cost us.

He probably had less or equal bad performances than Mings, Luiz, McGinn, Targett yet now has become utter dispensible and on many bomb squad lists because we signed Cash.

If Cash gets injured we need Guilbert, Elmo is a great pro but he doesn't have anywhere near the same pace and eye for a tackle as Guilbert, who can also play at left back.

I find it laughable we seem determined to sell him off no matter what. It was his first season not only in the country but also in the Prem.

Same with Engels, who at least makes sense to sell in a way because he fell out with the manager and has made some absolute howlers, even so we can't afford to ship him out without a replacement either.

Until we have some more youth coming through the ranks we can't actually bomb out anymore players than we have already.

With Guilbert I reckon if we really wanted to sell him then surely a club would have come in for him and he would be gone?  He has a lot of things going for him.  I know a lot of my non-Villa fan mates think he is great, we are a bit harsh on him I think.  Also with Engels it's strange, I wonder if he had been playing with a niggle for a while and it really affected his mobility, certainly over the first few yards and instead the staff have decided to give him time to get it right before bringing him back into the fold.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'm offering 1/6 villalad comes on and recommends Welbeck, min bet 1k

No way will he give Smith any credit for that game...if it hadn’t been for Smith we would’ve scored more and not conceded any he would be thinking, not that Smith out thought Klopp.

Edited by nick76