Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

56 minutes ago, useless said:

Ramsey has to go on loan, whilst he's good enough to be a back up player, it will be much more to his and our long term benefit if he goes somewhere and gets regular first team football this season, in a way it would feel almost selfish to deny him games just to keep him around on the off chance that we might need him.

If we sign another centre-forward, or someone like King, I'd still be tempted to send Davis on loan to the championship club as well, for similar reasons, albeit that one would be more risky as he's closer to the first team.

Disagree for now. We may well need a bigger squad this season. Just a few injuries or positive tests could be devastating.

If we had bought/do buy a left winger so that we have the option to move Jack central then perhaps I’d change my mind, but right now Ramsey is the direct sub/backup for McGinn and maybe even Barkley instead of Hourihane.

Lansbury, if he’ll still be here, is definitely behind Ramsey in the pecking order, plus the lad doesn’t have to take up a precious squad place. I think he’d get plenty of minutes this season if not loaned out, though despite the above I’m not dead against the idea either if a near-guarantee of a full season playing is on offer.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bose said:

We are always going to need luck with injuries if we are to be a top half, even midtable side this season.

This argument done to death. You could say that about Arsenal amongst others. CB stock right now running on fumes. If Auba injured then what. Rinse and repeat for so many PL teams

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Sunday showed no matter how good your squad is if you lose one or two key players you will suffer.  I think our problem is if we lost any one of Martinez, Jack, Ollie, Mcginn, Cash Luiz, Konsa, Target or Mings we become significantly weaker.  If we lost more than one of them at the same team we go from a top 10 team to avoiding relegation.

It’s just how it is and why the bigger clubs with a bench that could get in to most first times will always do well.

Hopefully we can have some luck with injuries and suspensions this season. 

Nail. Head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a-k said:

I do think King on a loan (as mentioned above) could be a good deal for the season

King is garbage and one of the reasons Bournemouth went down and should've gone down sooner. Astonishing people think he'd be good for us just because Percy made up a rumour we were bidding for him

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

King is garbage and one of the reasons Bournemouth went down and should've gone down sooner. Astonishing people think he'd be good for us just because Percy made up a rumour we were bidding for him

Few things wrong with this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

King is very inconsistent. Plays best as one of a two upfront. Think he is very average as a winger.

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wellbeck available on a free. As a backup to the backup, would he be so bad? (Depending on wages obviously)

If Danny Wellbeck is the answer to any problem you are wrong!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would be an improvement on Borja Baston. 

If Watkins gets injured we're pretty screwed right now. 

Traore has 1 goal in 2 in 24 games at CF. I trust management staff over some of the nonsense Bruce type signing suggestions on here. Wilshire and Wellbeck in a few hours. FMD

EDIT: I take that back. Even Bruce wouldn't go there

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Welbeck has 44 career PL goals in 224 games during a career spanning from 2008. In the last 6 seasons since he left Manure he has scored a combined total of 18 PL goals or an average of 3 a season. Granted he hasn't started many games but there is a reason to that. He's not good enough.

Fwiw he was supposedly on £70k/w at Watford :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

People call Trezeguet and Targett rubbish after we beat Liverpool 7-2 followed by talk of Wellbeck would be a good addition. Unfucking real and embarrassing

The same people?

• Like 1