Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

😂 You're an angry man Kiwi. You've no FPL to occupy you now for the international break either

Not angry just laughing at rubbishing our players while suggesting we sign 35 year old who's been let go by a team in a joke league. Thanks for the chuckle

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not angry just laughing at rubbishing our players while suggesting we sign 35 year old who's been let go by a team in a joke league. Thanks for the chuckle

Are you insane? Who did I rubbish? I literally said Targett wasn't "excellent", and said, from the afore-mentioned list of free agents, I wouldn't mind Clichy as a short-term upgrade on Taylor, and experienced competition for Targett. Hardly slaughtering him is it?!  Is everything ok at home?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Brooks from Bournemouth? 

Without doubt. I think he's the player I most want from the Championship. I just think he would fit in superbly with the rest of the lads and would be a quality addition. Pace, trickery, skill, can finish, youth on his side and I think would have a great attitude and improve as a player with us, not to mention would link up superbly with the Jack, Ross, Ollie n John.

I like Benrahma for the obvious stand out skill he has, I just feel Brooks would work out better long term. 

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Both goals were more Mings fault than Targett but obviously you've picked your 

This scapegoating comment is up there with when anyone gives stats, people respond with "I dont need stats I watch football with eyes".its an attempt to discredit arguments without having a counter argument.

It's not scapegoating to suggest Targett was out of position. It's a viewpoint.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

This scapegoating comment is up there with when anyone gives stats, people respond with "I dont need stats I watch football with eyes".its an attempt to discredit arguments without having a counter argument.

It's not scapegoating to suggest Targett was out of position. It's a viewpoint.

The ball was played through the middle but Targett should've been further away from the middle to avoid being scapegoated for Mings not standing Salah up or even trying to put a block in?

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The ball was played through the middle but Targett should've been further away from the middle to avoid being scapegoated for Mings not standing Salah up or even trying to put a block in?

Or maybe he just could've been goal-side, or in line with the other defenders, or making some effort to mark Salah, given that he's Mo Salah and might be quite dangerous? Looks like you've already picked your scapegoat in Mings though 😉

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Are you insane? Who did I rubbish? I literally said Targett wasn't "excellent", and said, from the afore-mentioned list of free agents, I wouldn't mind Clichy as a short-term upgrade on Taylor, and experienced competition for Targett. Hardly slaughtering him is it?!  Is everything ok at home?

WTF is this shit? Can't you have a debate without resorting to this bullshit?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If I had to find a scapegoat after Sunday I’m afraid it would still have to be Trez. Not because he didn’t play well because he did and I also really like the guy. But he didn’t look on the same level as the rest of the team.  Shows how far we have come. 

edit: I only used the term scapegoat to keep with the theme of the page. 

Keeping on topic. Everton now favourite to sign King.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Or maybe he just could've been goal-side, or in line with the other defenders, or making some effort to mark Salah, given that he's Mo Salah and might be quite dangerous? Looks like you've already picked your scapegoat in Mings though 😉

To be fair I don't think Targett could've done much for the Salah goals.

However I don't rate him as a good Premier league player. To me he is decent at best. Defensively he is weak in one on ones. He was helped greatly by us playing with 2 defensive midfielders against Liverpool, plus he never really bombed forward. Meant he never really got isolated one on one with Salah. He is also slow and for a player with a good touch his crossing is rather inconsistent. We can do better than him. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If I had to find a scapegoat after Sunday I’m afraid it would still have to be Trez. Not because he didn’t play well because he did and I also really like the guy. But he didn’t look on the same level as the rest of the team.  Shows how far we have come. 

Agreed, love him, but as ridiculous as it sounds, we probably could have had even MORE goals if he had a bit more quality and composure.

Sometimes the game just runs away from him ( Control, decision making etc )

It's like he has to be at 1000 percent focus all the time to be on par.

Anyway don't want to slate him because his attitude and work is exemplary. Does a lot of good work.

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed, love him, but as ridiculous as it sounds, we probably could have had even MORE goals if he had a bit more quality and composure.

Anyway don't want to slate him because his attitude and work is exemplary. Does a lot of good work.

I agree, but would say Trezguet is improving and in a few more months he could get closer to that level.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For all the moments where he lost the ball whilst running with it, or picked the wrong option (I think it was 3/4 times), there were at least as many moments where he picked the right choice and delivered a spectacular ball, not to mention the 2 times he was open and almost certainly would have scored if a simple pass has been played to him by another player. I honestly think overall,  he wasn't the weak link against Liverpool and not at all convinced we'd have scored more with someone else in his position. Very few in the world would have picked out the ball on to Watkins head with their weaker foot first time the way he did.

Agree with the sentiment generally, he does have a long way to go, but on the evidence of that one game against Liverpool, he keeps his place comfortably.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No to King

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Most impressive thing Trez did was hold off Robertson repeatedly with ease before delivering great ball for Watkins 1 on 1 that he hit straight at keeper.

Trez looks to have added more physicality to his game

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

No was poor last season (2019/2020) and his best season season before in 2018/2019, He's een rubbish this season  for Bournemouth in Championship. Lot of attitude too.-

Brook was injured for most of last season wasn't he? He came back from lockdown and Bournemouth looked much better going forward. Think Calum Wilson really missed him with his lower than usual goal tally.

Problem with getting in Brooks now is he's a direct central player and we have Barkley for that. Getting in a wide player makes much more sense, ideally one with pace but we ain't signing Sarr.

Still think Buendia makes plenty of sense, another technically gifted probing attacking midfielder. Him, Grealish and Barkley playing passing triangles around opposition. Surprised he's still at Norwich.

Would look at Martinez getting called up by Argentina since joining us aswell as another plus for joining us.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Both goals were more Mings fault than Targett but obviously you've picked your scapegoat

I completely disagree on the first one. The second one was a perfectly placed pass between Targett and Mings, the latter ending up on skates by Salah. But the first one I would say is definitely more on Targett. He should've stayed outside to cover Salah. Mings had Keita covered in the middle but Targett decided to slide in at the ball which took an unfortunate bounce to the feet of a wide open Salah. Regardless, this is just nitpicking. Everyone was excellent the other night. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

No, was poor last season (2019/2020) and his best seaso, one before in 2018/2019, He's been poor so far this season  for Bournemouth in Championship. Lot of bad attitude too.-

Whos the best forward/ winger option in the championship?

50 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Most impressive thing Trez did was hold off Robertson repeatedly with ease before delivering great ball for Watkins 1 on 1 that he hit straight at keeper.

Trez looks to have added more physicality to his game

i agree......and works harder, than he did.

• Like 3