Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I hope we're planning already for the next batch of recruits. It's what the rich clubs have been doing for a while. Lange and his team will have more time to do what they do.

It would be nice as well if they could find a gem or two. I’m very impressed with our recruitment this window but there hasn’t been any real unknowns. That’s not a criticism and in this window at least, I think one of the driving factors in our recruitment was to find players that would on the whole hit the ground running. 

it shouldn’t be forgotten either that there has been a lot of quality coming into the development squad. Obviously we will need to be patient to see the value there. 

Still I’m greedy and would love us to find some gem from the lower divisions that works his way into the team and by Christmas is being hailed as the new Messi or Ronaldo. Surely that’s not too much to ask? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't worry, after our 10 game winning streak to put us on 30 points after 10 it won't matter.

Whilst we jest this is kind of what Leicester did. Had a fantastic start to the season and everyone kept saying they will drop points soon etc etc. But the only way that would happen is if they lost any one of Huth, Morgan, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater and Vardy for a lengthy period.  If I remember correctly this core managed to play pretty much every game. The rest is history.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

People call Trezeguet and Targett rubbish after we beat Liverpool 7-2 followed by talk of Wellbeck would be a good addition. Unfucking real and embarrassing

It's almost like different people have different opinions. What a shocker on a forum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

The other option we have is to play a 442 diamond. Watkins an Wesley (once fit) would make a really good partnership on paper. Their qualities really suit playing with each other. Move Jack in the middle alongside Barkley and you have a very dangerous team.

Also Traore's best position according to his stats is actually second striker so he could easily play along side one of that front two or Davis.

I'm not saying we should do that, but it presents an interesting option we can call upon.

We could also go with Wesley up top and Traore and Watkins either side of him, Jack in the middle if Barkley is out and Barkley in the middle if Jack is out. 

Wesley being fit will be like a new signing. I think he would thrive with inside forward / fast striker types around him in a 3 or a fast striker like Watkins slightly ahead of him in a front 2.

I see Wesley as a cross between a target man and a false nine. When we are defending he is a good target to aim for. In the transition from defense to attack he will drop deep and link up, and then in the final third get into the box to be on the end of things. This would work really well with Watkins who would be close to him to when we are defending in the transition will lead the line and in the final third feed off Wesley and alternate (with Wesley) linking with the midfield.

Only problem with the 442 diamond is you need good quick fullbacks, so the left back position would be a potential weakness.

I think 4-5-1 is the way to go forward, Jack has just produced 2+3 from wing position against champions, I would not move him to middle. I believe we will have january transfer window before Wesley is back and fully fit. 

For now we have decent cover with Steer, Hourihane, Guilbert, Hause, Taylor, Elmo, Nakamba, El Ghazi, Lansbury, Ramsey, Traore and Davis. Heaton, Engels and Wesley coming back at some point.

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

People call Trezeguet and Targett rubbish after we beat Liverpool 7-2 followed by talk of Wellbeck would be a good addition. Unfucking real and embarrassing

Trez and Targett are very good squad players and probably will be next season.  Wellbeck wouldn’t be the worst signing in the world as a squad player. Nobody is suggesting for a second he should be signed to improve the first team!

• Like 1

If we were to sign a player in any position I think CB would be the one for me. Wouldn't say no to a player to cover striker/left wing but as has been said by others we do at least actually have players to fill those positions in the event of injury, they might be demonstrably less effective than Jack/Watkins but there aren't many teams where that wouldn't be the case were their starting forward(s) to get injured.

My issue with centre back is that we don't really have cover at all, much less of an adequate standard. Engels seems to be a member of the squad in name only, between his injuries and seeming to be outcasted even when he manages to get himself fit, and Hause regardless of currently being injured is left footed which leaves us very unbalanced in the event of Konsa being out. Personally I'm more than pleased with the business that's been done but if there were to be more incoming then CB would be my priority, but of course I wouldn't moan at the idea of a forward that can score to give cover/competition for Watkins (sorry Keinan).

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Trez and Targett are very good squad players and probably will be next season.  Wellbeck wouldn’t be the worst signing in the world as a squad player. Nobody is suggesting for a second he should be signed to improve the first team!

Exactly, we were so desperate for a striker last season we ended up signing Baston.

We're in a very similar situation this season as we wait for Wesley to come back from injury. In all honesty, I genuinely think Wellbeck would score more than Davis. Though, if we were to go in for Wellbeck it should purely be out of desperation than anything else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

If we were to sign a player in any position I think CB would be the one for me. Wouldn't say no to a player to cover striker/left wing but as has been said by others we do at least actually have players to fill those positions in the event of injury, they might be demonstrably less effective than Jack/Watkins but there aren't many teams where that wouldn't be the case were there starting forward(s) to get injured.

My issue with centre back is that we don't really have cover at all, much less of an adequate standard. Engels seems to be a member of the squad in name only, between his injuries and seeming to be outcasted even when he manages to get himself fit, and Hause regardless of currently being injured is left footed which leaves us very unbalanced in the event of Konsa being out. Personally I'm more than pleased with the business that's been done but if there were to be more incoming then CB would be my priority, but of course I wouldn't moan at the idea of a forward that can score to give cover/competition for Watkins (sorry Keinan).

I agree with this. Another young centre half from the championship who will provide cover this season and challenge for a place next season. 

That lad in defence for Stoke looked useful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Yeah but if we need to inject pace we bring Traore on. Plus Trez isn't rapid, he has a bit of pace though. Also the pace down the middle with Barkley and Watkins is more than sufficient. Also Buendia like Jack can play centrally. He is also good at pressing.

Trezeguet is rapid 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Only 29! Which is very hard to believe. Not that I want him at all, please no... but I don’t think his age is the problem.

Stealing a living as a footballer - a bet there are more talented guys out there that haven't had the big moves he has had. Terrible player.  

29 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I hope we're planning already for the next batch of recruits. It's what the rich clubs have been doing for a while. Lange and his team will have more time to do what they do.

Long-term planning with multiple options should help us in negotiations as well.  We really paid top dollar for each one of our targets the last 2 years. As @DaveAV1 mentioned - we should also be looking for a few prospects with a high ceiling.

• Like 1