Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst we jest this is kind of what Leicester did. Had a fantastic start to the season and everyone kept saying they will drop points soon etc etc. But the only way that would happen is if they lost any one of Huth, Morgan, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater and Vardy for a lengthy period.  If I remember correctly this core managed to play pretty much every game. The rest is history.

I wish Leicester hadn't won the title, as now it gives me false hope that we can do the same 😫

Our key players are almost like for like... Mings, Mcginn, Barkley, Grealish, Watkins 

Edited by Made In Aston

8 hours ago, supermon said:

Any takers?

I might consider Kagawa - 1 year deal with club option for a second year.

wouldnt be surprised if he was still actually a half decent player?, might be reasonable for some depth? - also.......Japanese fans yup yup.

totally depends on if we plan to sign anyone else....if we do its prob a no, if we dont sign anyone else Kagawa might be an ok freebie.

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Is Wilshere a squad upgrade on Lansbury?

Well, we have mcginn, Doug, Barkley, hourihane, Ramsey, nakamba for the midfield role. 

Lansbury can be got rid of so not sure We need to upgrade him.

• Like 1

Wilshere is not an upgrade on anything as he's always injured. He's been injured on average 200 days a year for the last 5 seasons :D 

19/20 Groin Injury Oct 23, 2019 May 31, 2020 221 days 22West Ham United
18/19 Ankle Surgery Dec 2, 2018 Apr 5, 2019 124 days 20West Ham United
18/19 Ankle Injury Sep 9, 2018 Nov 25, 2018 77 days 11West Ham United
16/17 Hairline crack in calfbone Apr 16, 2017 Aug 6, 2017 112 days 1AFC BournemouthArsenal FC
16/17 Knee Injury Jul 31, 2016 Aug 11, 2016 11 days -
15/16 Hairline crack in calfbone Aug 1, 2015 Apr 4, 2016 247 days 47Arsenal FC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Wilshere is not an upgrade on anything as he's always injured. He's been injured on average 200 days a year for the last 5 seasons :D 

19/20 Groin Injury Oct 23, 2019 May 31, 2020 221 days 22West Ham United
18/19 Ankle Surgery Dec 2, 2018 Apr 5, 2019 124 days 20West Ham United
18/19 Ankle Injury Sep 9, 2018 Nov 25, 2018 77 days 11West Ham United
16/17 Hairline crack in calfbone Apr 16, 2017 Aug 6, 2017 112 days 1AFC BournemouthArsenal FC
16/17 Knee Injury Jul 31, 2016 Aug 11, 2016 11 days -
15/16 Hairline crack in calfbone Aug 1, 2015 Apr 4, 2016 247 days 47Arsenal FC

😅 He said he’s been fit for 8 months. His best season recently was that at Bournemouth, and that was not that impressive and injured later in season. Maybe one of the most overrated players in premier league history? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

😅 He said he’s been fit for 8 months. His best season recently was that at Bournemouth, and that was not that impressive and injured later in season. Maybe one of the most overrated players in premier league history? 

I don't think that's fair. He had a lot of hype because of his huge potential. He never got close to achieving it because of injuries and possibly not having the right mentality ie rumours the smoking wasn't a one(/two) off thing. You wont find many people who talk about him fondly after his last few years of struggles.

11 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

He wasn’t overrated, he was clearly a very good player. Injuries done him, made of glass unfortunately. When you miss the amount of time that he did then you fall behind, and he missed big chunks season after season for 3 or 4 years. Make no mistake though, he was very good when he first hit the scene. If I were him I’d look to get out to the MLS and try to salvage some playing time to show for a career.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder if Bournemouth would consider a loan just to get him off the wage bill for a year.  I guess it depends on what offers they actually get for a permanent transfer.  He would definitely fit in the squad quite nicely in the short term but long term isn't really what we look for in a signing.

Only this season left on his contract I believe. Could be a deadline day bargain if they haven’t sold him by then. He want to go and Bournemouth want to get some money for him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silent_Bob said:

Only this season left on his contract I believe. Could be a deadline day bargain if they haven’t sold him by then. He want to go and Bournemouth want to get some money for him.

10 million for him would be a great deal. But I want us to go for karlan grant. Him as our back up striker wi ger would be amazing. Scores nearly as much as ollie can play on either wing and is good with the ball at his feet. Only 23 as well. Scored a quarter of Huddersfields goals last time they were in the prem as well.

One of grant, sarr or Buendia would be really good. 

17 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

He wasn’t overrated, he was clearly a very good player. Injuries done him, made of glass unfortunately. When you miss the amount of time that he did then you fall behind, and he missed big chunks season after season for 3 or 4 years. Make no mistake though, he was very good when he first hit the scene. If I were him I’d look to get out to the MLS and try to salvage some playing time to show for a career.

I think he was a decent premier league midfielder, but was absolutely overhyped. He was touted as world class or close to by some pundits and sections of the media. 

• Like 1