Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

20 hours ago, paul514 said:

David Brooks is 23 he has scored 8 goals and provided 5 assists in his entire time at Bournemouth as a right winger/attacking midfielder/second striker according to Transfermarkt.

That is not a Jack Grealish back up he plays on the opposite side and a major step down. In this imaginary world where we can afford them this month Benrahma is the best back up for someone like Jack out of that bunch. Sarr would have been my top choice for the right.

Also Buendia is nothing like Traore like Kiwi said but he is wrong on Sarr 🙃

Last season he was mostly injured. Yes he  plays  the opposite side but still he's a similar player.  We won't get anyone who'll be close to Grealish, but he's a real quality and would make us stronger. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Beundia is nothing like Traore, totally different style of play, everything. Sarr was very patchy last season. 

I swear some people are on a hype train with some players but have barely watched them

I haven't watched Buendiat  too much but  I did watch Sarr. I think Watford was the second most team that I've been watching last season. Sarr is quality, I noticed him against us when we lost there 3-0. Then I started pointing at him as a threat in each game they play.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

i agree......and works harder, than he did.

Maybe he’s just settled in and understands what’s required of him , new team ,new coach ,new country , different language and adapting to a new league can’t be easy 

• Like 1

Perhaps it’s being greedy, and maybe unrealistic to some, but I still think we need better cover at CB and RW/LW. If it’s possible to strike whilst we’re hot then we should, if finances allow. Mepham would surely have an interest in returning to the Premier League and has obviously worked with Dean Smith previously, so I think he’d be a decent shout as CB cover. Sarr is probably the obvious choice for RW/LW, can also fill in at CF. I don’t see Sarr happening as I think we’ll go with Traore and Trezeguet at RW, Sarr does the majority of his good things on RW.  So the glaring hole then is probably LW, and for that reason I probably wouldn’t rule out a move for Benrahma. If that proves to be too expensive then maybe Isaac Success could be a decent back up, if only so we can have Marvellous and Success in the same squad. Stanislas at Bournemouth could be a decent and cheap backup at LW if we want a bit more depth. 
All that said, I can see us sticking with ElGhazi as the option at LW/RW. I think we needed to shift him to be able to bring anyone else in. So just cover at CB!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

Perhaps it’s being greedy, and maybe unrealistic to some, but I still think we need better cover at CB and RW/LW. If it’s possible to strike whilst we’re hot then we should, if finances allow. Mepham would surely have an interest in returning to the Premier League and has obviously worked with Dean Smith previously, so I think he’d be a decent shout as CB cover. Sarr is probably the obvious choice for RW/LW, can also fill in at CF. I don’t see Sarr happening as I think we’ll go with Traore and Trezeguet at RW, Sarr does the majority of his good things on RW.  So the glaring hole then is probably LW, and for that reason I probably wouldn’t rule out a move for Benrahma. If that proves to be too expensive then maybe Isaac Success could be a decent back up, if only so we can have Marvellous and Success in the same squad. Stanislas at Bournemouth could be a decent and cheap backup at LW if we want a bit more depth. 
All that said, I can see us sticking with ElGhazi as the option at LW/RW. I think we needed to shift him to be able to bring anyone else in. So just cover at CB!

I agree that extra quality cover at LW/ST/CB/LB would be nice, but I just do not see it this window. Hopefully, what we've got will be enough to see us comfortable. I think the next two transfer windows will be where we upgrade the squad with end of contract departs (Elmo/Taylor/Lansbury) and assessment of squad players (Engels/Hause/AEG/Davis). We should see current players progress along with academy graduates. Finally seems like we're implementing a plan.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AV82 said:

We've been blessed with some terrific transfers this summer, let's not forget that. Best window ever?

I certainly think its a window that has raised our profile.

One to look possibly look at for January or next summer:-

Ibrahima Niane of FC Metz has started the season on fire.

He's 21 years old from Senegal and plays as a left winger but can also play in centre too.

He has 6 goals in 6 games so far this season and is currently top scorer in Ligue 1.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1