Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just a reminder that we went into the season with the following as our attacking options:

El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Wesley, Jota, Davis.

And then signed Samatta in January. 

That's why we are probably going down despite our defensive frailties. 

• Like 3

Samatta is(probably) the better goal scorer but that says more about Davis than it does Samatta. Davis contributes a lot more in the buildup of a chance. Fine margins between the two right now.

As much as I think Samatta is crap, right now we need a finisher. Our finishing since the restart has been absolutely abysmal. And as crap as Samatta is at it, he's still probably better at finishing than Davis.

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Samatta is(probably) the better goal scorer but that says more about Davis than it does Samatta. Davis contributes a lot more in the buildup of a chance. Fine margins between the two right now.

As much as I think Samatta is crap, right now we need a finisher. Our finishing since the restart has been absolutely abysmal. And as crap as Samatta is at it, he's still probably better at finishing than Davis.

Did you watch tonight? Especially in the first half he gave the ball away perhaps every time he got the ball. It's often like that. We're a better team by far with Davis.

33 minutes ago, grobs said:

He might be the worst striker we’ve ever signed 

He isnt even the worst striker on our books never mind last 5 years

Edited by Zatman

24 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Young Keinan was VERY good when he came on tonight.

People might miss it but his control, touch and strength is very gotod.

Performing as we were in the game tonight I would have backed him to score or get a couple of assists at least if on for longer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just a reminder that we went into the season with the following as our attacking options:

El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Wesley, Jota, Davis.

And then signed Samatta in January. 

You forgot the mighty Jonathan Kodjia! 

Which, in retrospect, wouldn't have looked too bad by comparison with our current selection of talents up front 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

I wish people would stop bringing Maupay into discussions. Im sure if Smith really wanted Maupay badly enough he’d be here end of in my book. We were in for another £30mill striker with days left in the window last summer. If bits and maybes & it’s pointless conjecture as now in the past. Yes hindsight’s great but what’s to say Wesley wouldn’t have come good and be on the same if not more goals? Samatta looks **** woeful and sadly a panic January buy. 

Edited by thabucks
Bits Butts
  • Like 2

He’s lacking confidence at the moment, although there were a couple of occasions he linked up well with Jack And showed some football brain. Give him time to settle he could still do well, unfortunately it’ll likely be in the championship.

Â