Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

his goal v Citeh in the final showed where he could be good for us   , but most matches he's so isolated with the way we play , i don't think we will ever see the best of him , unless we change styles .

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

If we do stay up then thanks Sama but I imagine he will be off on loan to Belgium again, or Turkey, or Russia or somewhere obscure and we will be "going again" in the market.

Million miles off the level.

And then bring another replacement from belgium who would need  time to settle?  He should stay as a backup striker 

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

And then bring another replacement from belgium who would need  time to settle?  He should stay as a backup striker 

I wouldn't be going to Belgium. I'd bring in 2 top established strikers. We have enough squad fillers. We need quality on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I wouldn't be going to Belgium. I'd bring in 2 top established strikers. We have enough squad fillers. We need quality on the pitch.

2 top established striker = 40m each not going to happen is it, we will bring one in and have Sammata and Wesley as backup 

Just now, gwi1890 said:

2 top established striker = 40m each not going to happen is it, we will bring one in and have Sammata and Wesley as backup 

Wesley is injured until the end of the year, we need a quality striker in the window if we stay up.

23 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

40m gets you Sebastian Haller or Joelinton or similar. It doesn't guarantee you anything. The players we buy need to be targetted to fit the system we intend to play and also we have no idea what sort of state Wesley is in.

Firstly, lets stay up or we won't be spending 40 million on anyone!

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

40m gets you Sebastian Haller or Joelinton or similar. It doesn't guarantee you anything. The players we buy need to be targetted to fit the system we intend to play and also we have no idea what sort of state Wesley is in.

Firstly, lets stay up or we won't be spending 40 million on anyone!

I agree finding a striker if a very difficult task, and yes lets not get carried away 

59 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

By top striker I am talking relative to the absolute dross currently on our books. A Chris Wood, a Jay Rodriguez. Someone who knows the league been there done it, consistent performer with multiple strings to their bow.

You don't need to go out and blow £40m on some name.

Feel sorry for him given the zero service he gets but he does look like a player who needs a partner up front. It may have been an idea to play him instead of El Ghazi or Trez on the wings as he does work hard defensively but there won't be any changes this weekend.

He never seems to get the big chances that Davis usually ends up with which is annoying because I genuinely have not got a clue what his finishing is like. I'm sure since he joined in January any half chance he's had has been a header.

Unless I'm completely missing something and someone can remind me I don't think we've seen him have a real good chance in front of goal with the ball at his feet. 

13 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He never seems to get the big chances that Davis usually ends up with which is annoying because I genuinely have not got a clue what his finishing is like. I'm sure since he joined in January any half chance he's had has been a header.

Unless I'm completely missing something and someone can remind me I don't think we've seen him have a real good chance in front of goal with the ball at his feet. 

You have to go a bit far back, but I believe this is the best chance he's had with us with his feet in the PL

Its the second highlight

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Never want to see this guy (try to) kick a football for us ever again.

Absolutely agree a shockingly bad player, someone tried to point out recently he had scored in the Champions league total garbage point rather have Cameron Archer on the pitch, just gone off hopefully never see him in a Villa shirt ever again.

• Like 1

Â