Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why did we invest so heavily in it then?

Not sure perhaps on the off chance the next Benteke or KDB comes along, it shows the level we are at currently. Samatta is Championship quality at best, tbf we didn't really have many options in January just look at the other striker we signed! Have a feeling we will see signings of a similar ilk in the summer as long as Suso and DS are at the healm.

I think Samatta showed some quality and scored pre-lockdown. He has been desperately poor since the restart though and would have expected more form him as the senior forward. With Wesley to come back, and Davis given one more year, I doubt he'll be around and likely to be sold.

12 minutes ago, peterw said:

I think Samatta showed some quality and scored pre-lockdown. He has been desperately poor since the restart though and would have expected more form him as the senior forward. With Wesley to come back, and Davis given one more year, I doubt he'll be around and likely to be sold.

We're not going to sell this guy only 6 months after we bought him.

6 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Both those mentioned would cut it in the Belgium league like Samatta it's dog shit! 

Collins wouldnt. I have seen him for Ireland against poor teams and he looked out of his depth. 

Kompany a Belgian league centre half would eat him alive if played against him. Think he would struggle for a touch vs Engels

I thought Wesley was bad but then this guy shows up and does even less than him.

Can't head the ball properly, even though that's what he apparently excels at and he's shoved off the ball too easily. 

We should just cut our losses with this one.

Â