Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I felt for Kodja as he was very good for us and scored some vital goals for us in his time here, there was a good striker in there.

Premier League quality and experience? Perhaps not, but when you're playing up top as a lone striker then it was perhaps why he looked as shit as what our current 3 strikers are looking now.

Equally neither of the new strikers had any more PL experience than Kodja.

He should have been given a season with us in the PL but what's done is done.

Hopefully Samatta and Wesley can tear up the championship if we find ourselves there in a couple of weeks.

Agree there was a really good player in there in Kodjia, before his injury I thought he was a class above the Championship, full international and scored some lovley goals. After his injury however he never seemed to really come back into form. Don't know if it was a case of him simply not being able of coming back because of the injury or if it was him not having the right character.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Agree there was a really good player in there in Kodjia, before his injury I thought he was a class above the Championship, full international and scored some lovley goals. After his injury however he never seemed to really come back into form. Don't know if it was a case of him simply not being able of coming back because of the injury or if it was him not having the right character.

Or the lack if service in a system that didn't suit or playing under the wrong manager perhaps? Who knows, but I agree with what you have written.  

Definitely needs a goal but today his runs off the ball created spaces and chances for others to run in to. He'll be fine in either league once he is up to speed. 

Funny moment from the game Elmo had a throw in and was clearly telling Trez to go down the line and Samatta to come closer in Arabic . Jack was looking perplexed so Elmo just nodded to him and then we attacked from there. Also I noticed that Luiz understood some instructions in Arabic too.

Edited by Sulberto21

21 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Why did he duck for their goal?

Noticed that too, it infuriated me. Best case scenario, he completely misjudged where the ball would land, which isn't really promising considering a) his profession and b) the position he plays

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Maybe we should give him a chance? He came to the country, was immediately locked down due to a global pandemic and now he is expected to immediately hit the ground running in a team hopelessly flailing to stay up. 

I’ll be patient with him. Will be interesting to see what he does in the championship. 

I think this is right and he will turn out to be a good signing but we may as well have 100 pages calling him garbage first - see Douglas Luiz thread. 

Seriously though - both sides of the argument are right here. He’s been terrible since the restart (better today) but your points as to why that might be are entirely correct. He’s probably been living in a hotel room or one-bed flat bored out of his mind. Think he’ll be a lot better once he’s settled. And definitely if we go down he’ll be fine in the Champ.

I’m really not sure on him or our striker situation. 

Let say we do go down. I can’t get rid of this nagging feeling that we’ll need a new striker despite having quite a few at the club. 

I just don’t like the idea of a Samatta, Wesley, Davis strike force. They all have their attributes but I’d still rather have Dwight Gayle and that annoys me. 

Â