Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

let's not judge him too quickly.

This thread is nuts, gone from a promising signing to crap quickly, shock horror.......its what we as villa fans do well.

I think with some proper service him and Wesley will do fine for us next season.

24 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Or, entered a new country and league just a few months ago. Was faced with a pandemic within 2 months which left him self isolating. Never had chance to settle. Needs some time before we totally write him off.

By the way he really does not look miserable. Far from it. He seems like a great character. Ridiculous thing to pull him up on. He is also a Champions League regular and thus a year in the Championship probably doesn’t worry him too much.

Finally something sensible is posted 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Or, entered a new country and league just a few months ago. Was faced with a pandemic within 2 months which left him self isolating. Never had chance to settle. Needs some time before we totally write him off.

By the way he really does not look miserable. Far from it. He seems like a great character. Ridiculous thing to pull him up on. He is also a Champions League regular and thus a year in the Championship probably doesn’t worry him too much.

This he has come from a team top of league dominating games to a team struggling .Look how long it's taken Luiz to get up to speed.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, M_Afro said:

As long as the championship doesn’t worry him then I guess that’s ok? Or maybe that there lies the problem, he can’t believe his luck that he’s playing for a team as big as Villa?

He was signed to try keep us in the league yet we are carrying him every game. I appreciate new league, language can be tough however that has no influence when he’s missing headers so badly and not even hitting the target. 

His touch looks hopeless and his run behind the defence even worse. Don’t get me wrong I hope he comes good in the Championship but think he’s been a disaster tbh.

Trash. Think some people are scared to criticize him. If this was an English player ie Hogan he'd be hung, drawn and quartered by now.

He is a primary reason we are going down. Missing chances he should be burying in a league of this quality. I honestly wouldn't even take a chance on him in the Championship.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, MCU said:

Trash. Think some people are scared to criticize him. If this was an English player ie Hogan he'd be hung, drawn and quartered by now.

He is a primary reason we are going down. Missing chances he should be burying in a league of this quality. I honestly wouldn't even take a chance on him in the Championship.

Bullshit, nothing to do with nationality. Hogan is also a terrible example since some still think he can do a job 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah let’s all beat him up like Wes, this site is pathetic sometimes when these kind of comments are posted on the message board.

Same way you've been beating up Keinan on here ;) 

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah let’s all beat him up like Wes, this site is pathetic sometimes when these kind of comments are posted on the message board.

Why?? For not pretending all is rosie in the garden? Calling out a player for being poor is allowed. 

Man United 2nd goal v us, yes was Mings error but that only comes about because the ball comes into the box and Samatta bumbles around with it in the first place. Poor player who we have carried.

• Like 1

At best he has missed 2 chances with headers that were hardly open goals. Not sure we have what could be described as a 20 goal a season striker in all 3 of the main guys but for the most part we create very little for them and they spend more time outside the box than in it.

Wes goal against Everton is I belive the only goal a striker has scored when we have put them through in on goal.

He looks a player to me lacking confidence and struggling in being used as a targett man to hold up the ball rather than being an off the shoulder striker.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

problem is with samatta hes not a lone striker he needs to be a part of a front 2 

We said that about Hogan. Sammas problem is he just isnt at the level end of.it is a huge step up for him and at 27 he ain't got it and he never will. No pace. No physicality. No touch. So easily trapped offside. He is woeful. 

It's tough coming in Jan. Even tougher with lockdown a 3 month hiatus but this guy ain't got it. You could put him alongside Benzema. He ain't got it.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We said that about Hogan. Sammas problem is he just isnt at the level end of.it is a huge step up for him and at 27 he ain't got it and he never will. No pace. No physicality. No touch. So easily trapped offside. He is woeful. 

It's tough coming in Jan. Even tougher with lockdown a 3 month hiatus but this guy ain't got it. You could put him alongside Benzema. He ain't got it.

maybe........im wondering what whoever was scouting him actually saw that made them think he was the guy we needed..............surely not one header against liverpool ???

Â