Tom13

He's being prepped for the LWF position long term. I was going to say groomed by thought better of it. 

I'd like to see him promoted to the 1st team this summer. I think, with Carney he will be the most adaptable moving up levels. His style of play is very suited to that wide role.   

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He's being prepped for the LWF position long term. I was going to say groomed by thought better of it. 

I'd like to see him promoted to the 1st team this summer. I think, with Carney he will be the most adaptable moving up levels. His style of play is very suited to that wide role.   

Looks good there doesn't he, int he youth cup final thread i said he reminded me a bit of overmars, once he gets going attacking the space behind the fullback he looks really hard to play against.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just said the same in the final thread. The way he leaves the ball behind him then drags it late is very reminiscent of Jack, but his runs towards goal were Vardy esque 

I do see a bit of Jack Influence in him.

He reminds me of a right footed Messi, and I'm not saying that as a joke, I think he has a similar style of play. Watch a lot of his goals from this season, and they're goals that you could typically imagine Messi scoring albeit at an higher level obviously.

Edited by useless

20 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Yeah it makes sense - it's unlikely that he'll ever have the physical attributes we want from our one striker, and his body type is more of a winger anyway. He's so good at getting out of tight spots with the ball that he's fine there. 

20 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I would think wide players will have an easier time making the step up than Chuk. For all his obvious talent, central midfield, CAM or not, is physically demanding.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/05/2021 at 11:23, avfc1982am said:

I still think he is a bit young and undercooked physically from what I have seen.

I'd imagine he could be one of those that trains with the first team, gets on the bench when we have injuries, in and around the League Cup squad and then get him out on loan at a decent footballing club for the second half of the season.

I don't disagree on his positioning though - typically younger, slighter players are developed in this way.  Henry started off out wide. Watkins did likewise. Mason Greenwood is also being developed in this way with a view to him becoming a "9" in a few years time.  I could see Barry developing along this route and wouldn't rule him out as a central striker in a few years - I suppose it may depend on whether he is a late developer physically.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the French at the Euros he reminded me of Greizman a bit. There’s a bit of a look similarity there I guess, head band and all, but the way he played seemed similar to how Barry played on the wing and looking to come inside. 

If talk of the conditioning work is true it will help him with the step up. As long as it’s not too much so he loses some of his pace (ala Gabby that one season).

1 hour ago, sne said:

Looks to have bulked up a bit in the picture above compared to this one?

Louie Barry: The Cream of Aston Villa's Talented Young Crop

Summer pints bulk me up no end as well if I'm telling the truth.

• Sad 1

Â