Tom13

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Summer pints bulk me up no end as well if I'm telling the truth.

Be pretty appalled if he spent the summer drinking, and I'm sure the club would be too. It's not the 1980's anymore.

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Brum needs a Box Park me thinks!  No 11 who's that should be 7 Grealish letting the side down 😜

Rashford. But it could be Barry's u-18 shirt? 

Edit: it probably is. Barry wears 11 for the u-18s.

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Be pretty appalled if he spent the summer drinking, and I'm sure the club would be too. It's not the 1980's anymore.

I'm pretty sure that he's not. I made the comment in jest.

• Like 1

Younger age groups were back at Bodymoor Heath last week and will presumably be back this coming week for the start of pre-season, so I doubt he was drinking or if he was not to any great extent. Also seen a few people mention that he's been doing a lot of work over the summer on his strength, I think a lot of the U23s have been doing the same, some working with personal trainers/coaches.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Younger age groups were back at Bodymoor Heath last week and will presumably be back this coming week for the start of pre-season, so I doubt he was drinking or if he was not to any great extent. Also seen a few people mention that he's been doing a lot of work over the summer on his strength, I think a lot of the U23s have been doing the same, some working with personal trainers/coaches.

good if he is, i think bulking up a little and adding a some muscle to his frame would help him a lot.

It was amazing to see Jack go from 2 stone wet through skinny kid to what he is now, Barry would benefit from an improved physicality also.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s wearing his own U18s shirt and I love the confidence of that haha.

Exactly. He's already an England player (albeit not yet senior level), who is hopeful of being in the full England squad within a relatively short 5 years or so, so I can absolutely see why he would wear his own England shirt and number.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Wesley and Davis ruining his pre season minutes with us. Shame really. Hope he can get a loan asap

It is up to Barry himself to force his way in to the starting line up or squad, he has to believe that he can dislodge the more established first team members. From what I have seen of him, he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, a goalscorer’s instinct if you will. It cannot be taught, a player either has this instinct or doesn’t in my opinion 

7 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Probably going to go out on loan, think thats the correct move. I don't think he's physically ready yet. 

I see this a lot but he didn't have any trouble against Liverpool in the cup.

7 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Probably going to go out on loan, think thats the correct move. I don't think he's physically ready yet. 

Completely agree, regular adult football for a season on loan will do him a world of good.

Â