Tom13

Funny thing is that with Grealish we were only ever in relegation battles or fighting to get out of the championship, so whilst he was a great player he's kind of associated with a very poor period in our history, we never even finished in the top half of the premier league whilst he was a first team player...

Whereas Barry if he makes it as a first team player, he will be coming into a club on the rise and might have an actual chance of achieving something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Really like the sound of that. Is that league 1 ye?

Yep, Ipswich will be aiming to finish in the top 6 in League One. Really good move for him if he can earn a place in the starting XI.

17 y.o Harvey Elliot managed Championship football last season, was hoping Barry would too next season. But I guess it's about finding the right team while also getting as much time on the pitch as possible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

League One?

Surely he's good enough already to play Championship football at least.

Grealish went to a worse team in League One, was scrapping relegation at 18 with Notts County. Ipswich will be aiming for play-offs.

Barry has a lot of development to do physically (as Jack did at the same age) - I think this would be a great move for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

17 y.o Harvey Elliot managed Championship football last season, was hoping Barry would too next season. But I guess it's about finding the right team while also getting as much time on the pitch as possible.

Isn't Harvey Elliot built a bit stronger though? I could be wrong as I have many times before lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Isn't Harvey Elliot built a bit stronger though? I could be wrong as I have many times before lol.

Very possible, hard to say with young players, it changes so fast and I've not kept updated on their current status.

Never watched League 1 but I'm guessing it's pretty physical and fast while not very tactical or technical?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Yep, Ipswich will be aiming to finish in the top 6 in League One. Really good move for him if he can earn a place in the starting XI.

Ipswich will be hoping to win the league, they are favourites.

Will make him or break him!

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Very possible, hard to say with young players, it changes so fast and I've not kept updated on their current status.

Never watched League 1 but I'm guessing it's pretty physical and fast while not very tactical or technical?

There's some teams that play football. The rest play a mix of rugby and Aussie rules football. So he'll become a man lol.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

There's some teams that play football. The rest play a mix of rugby and Aussie rules football. So he'll become a man lol.

That why I was hoping he'd go to the Championship rather than there. I want him to emulate Grealish for Villa but I don't mean that as in getting his shins kicked to splinters.

We should really look to find some club abroad we can send our loan players to.

• Like 1

Different teams in League One play different styles of football, Ipswich manager Paul Cook is known for getting his teams to play good football and apparently they've made a lot of good signings after their takeover and are one of the favorites to for promotion, so I think he'd be playing in a good team which would probably be better for him than playing in a struggling championship team or a championship team higher up the league but perhaps not getting as many games.

Might take him a few games to get into his stride and used to first team football but I think he will do very well, and could potentially become one of the standout players in that league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, est1874 said:

League One?

Surely he's good enough already to play Championship football at least.

Better in a League 1 side pushing for promotion than a Championship side fighting relegation. He'll get to play more and hopefully score some goals

• Like 1

Â