Tom13

It's amazing how effective just running past players is... At times it was almost like it was a completely foreign concept to the RB and he didn't know what to do with it

No real trickery or "skill" just great technique, speed and confidence, his ability to bring down a 40 yard pass was impressive, made it look easy 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I see potential of a Vardy/Grealish Hybrid in him.

He really reminds me of Thierry Henry, the way he drifts out left and threatens to either curl it in the far corner with his right, or do the defender for pace on the outside.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I see potential of a Vardy/Grealish Hybrid in him.

Just said the same in the final thread. The way he leaves the ball behind him then drags it late is very reminiscent of Jack, but his runs towards goal were Vardy esque 

• Like 1

Loved him at the end, came over to the fans and took a few pictures and a chant started of "Louie Barry, he's one of our own". Got pulled away by security and turned around and joined in with the chant. Great to see 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's amazing how effective just running past players is... At times it was almost like it was a completely foreign concept to the RB and he didn't know what to do with it

No real trickery or "skill" just great technique, speed and confidence, his ability to bring down a 40 yard pass was impressive, made it look easy 

It's his acceleration out of tight spots that I find really impressive - he just has this ability to buy himself a yard of space so easily, time and again. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's his acceleration out of tight spots that I find really impressive - he just has this ability to buy himself a yard of space so easily, time and again. 

That's what stands out to me. His top speed may not be huge but he has this amazing ability to go from zero to Vmax instantly whilst being in total control of the ball, and that's why he so often beats his man.

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He really reminds me of Thierry Henry, the way he drifts out left and threatens to either curl it in the far corner with his right, or do the defender for pace on the outside.

I don't know. I feel the Van Basten comparison someone said a while back is more accurate. Or Litmanen for that matter.

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Bit like Jack then!

• Like 1

Â